The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have taken a draw before hand yes.

McLeish team selection , tactics and our inability to defend set pieces is still irritating.

Going nowhere fast.

Thought we were going down fast?

where i say that?

Come on, youve said many a time were going to get relegated. Bout 68 times when you were banging on about Mick McArthy.

What Im saying is if we are going into the match thread and predicting defeat, whilst banging on about how Sunderland have better players and a far better manager, we can't then moan about Mcliesh when he gets a draw. A draw is a bad/dissapointing result when you expect a win.

Don't recall ever saying we'd be relegated but we may well flirt with it again. You must be confusing me with Richard.

As for Mick McCarthy - he actually does have more "Premiership experience" than McLeish - that is a fact.

McLeish was and is a truely woeful appointment but we are stuck with him and have to support him even tho he is crap.

Why do we have to support him? It is not compulsory.

OK you don't HAVE to .

but....look i never wanted him as manager either but he is the manager of the club that i do support . Im sure you already probably know what i think of McLeish but i still hope he succeeds.

The club certainly did not help him in the slash and burn summer transfer window and yes he is equally not helping himself with some decisions so far but the only option is to hope he isn't as crap as we think - isn't it?

Hoping for anything else in meantime would be just bit a nihilistic wouldn't it?.

Rightly or wrongly (well very wrongly imo) the club gave him the job and 3 year contract - results have not been great but could have been worse all we can hope is he does better than we think isnt it?

Two wins from our first ten games, and they were against the bottom two in a run of fixtures that (on paper at least) was awfully kind to us.

Our next ten games include meetings with Spurs, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea. Also with tricky away trips to Stoke and Swansea. The table will be very interesting on new years day.

Two wins from our first ten games, and they were against the bottom two in a run of fixtures that (on paper at least) was awfully kind to us.

Our next ten games include meetings with Spurs, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea. Also with tricky away trips to Stoke and Swansea. The table will be very interesting on new years day.

It's a tough run in. Never know, might be able to get some wins and draws out of that though. I'm not really confident of that, but football isn't played on paper and we're due a ref on our side too.

Birmingham were relegated last season for not losing the ammount of games they did but because of the sheer ammount of draws they had.

They lost 15 games - not that much compared to Wolves who lost 20 and stayed up.

We wont be relegated of course but come new year after those fixtures could easily be flirting at the wrong end of the table again.

I am not going to bang on about McLeish, I have already made my thoughts clear on him.

The big worry is we are appear to be set up not to lose games rather than to go out and win them. Villas strength is in its fire power, we have good attacking options even now with Dung and Drowning gone. Problem is, they are all playing for the reserves or starved of service.

I fear that McLeish is here for the season, this may sound weird, but i hope that he is given no money in January as I would rather it go to a decent manager in the summer.

I still cannot work out what the hell the board were thinking in all honesty in appointing him.

Its really dead simple. He would work with the financial plan of the board. He would agree to sell say Downing. He would agree to reduce the wage bill, etc, etc.

But we actually paid quite a bit of money to appoint him.

There was no shortage of other available managers then either.

But yes agree he was more likely to agree work with board flogging everyone than some other ppl.

With Clark and Cuellar fit, there can be no way that he can justify Collins playing next week. He also needs to show some balls and drop his signing Hutton.

If he can't see the impact these two are having on our defence then I fear for the future.

Tatically inept. Still does not know his first team, does not know how to defend set pieces, does not play players to there strengths. Has no idea how to set up a midfield or how to use 2 fine attacking options in Gaby and Bent. Buys shite, Hutton, my god is just woeful, Jenas...............say no more, will he ever be fit enough this season and like o'neil cant see the shite in Heskey.

And we still have people defending him. I want to like him I really do, I love the way he shouts the passion from the touch line. But in truth he has not kept up with Premiership football, its all a bit old school football from him and its just not good enough.

Guys............nothing will changeits all a bit o'neil (ok without the wins) zero plan B.

The backline needs a facelift. No more Collins, this is getting ridiculous. Kills half of our attacks before they even start.

Cuellar-Dunne-Clark-Warnock

More solidity at RB, and no hoofing. Would improve us considerably imo.

If we are looking to improve considerably, I would consider removing McLeish! :D

The backline needs a facelift. No more Collins, this is getting ridiculous. Kills half of our attacks before they even start.

If we are looking to improve considerably, I would consider removing McLeish! :D

I'l 2nd that :winkold:

I'l 2nd that :winkold:

I have yet to see anyone put a compelling argument to the contrary other than the normal: "He's our manager so we have to support him."

I have yet to see anyone put a compelling argument to the contrary other than the normal: "He's our manager so we have to support him."

ok, here's my attempt:

1) Give him time to settle & mould the team (more than the 10 games he's had so far).

2) good defensively apparently. Our defence has been awful for almost 2 years now, so maybe its the players rather than the manager who are rubbish.

3) It would cost £5m to sack him.

4) Could we get anyone better, for the same salary, and working to the same limited budget.

5) Randy & his team must have seen something in him that they thought would be beneficial to Villa.

6) Did decent-ish at Rangers.

7) Won a major cup with a poor side at Bham City.

8) "He's our manager so we have to support him" :winkold:

(i'm not saying i agree with all those points above, just listing the points that could be made).

ok, here's my attempt:

1) Give him time to settle & mould the team (more than the 10 games he's had so far).

2) good defensively apparently. Our defence has been awful for almost 2 years now, so maybe its the players rather than the manager who are rubbish.

3) It would cost £5m to sack him.

4) Could we get anyone better, for the same salary, and working to the same limited budget.

5) Randy & his team must have seen something in him that they thought would be beneficial to Villa.

6) Did decent-ish at Rangers.

7) Won a major cup with a poor side at Bham City.

8) "He's our manager so we have to support him" :winkold:

(i'm not saying i agree with all those points above, just listing the points that could be made).

The most compelling arguement to keep AM ? - Steve Mclaren is currently out of work - and roberto martinez wigan are bottom of the league.

don't kid yourself Randy is going to appoint some top notch manager and the end am reign - your look Mcarthy, Steve Bruce ...at best.

Â