The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D/D/D/L/D/W/L/L/D

The form of a going nowhere, mid-table club. Seems about right then.

The fixture list has been more than kind to us for the first 10 games. December is going to be a very long month indeed.

Life under McLeish so far has been every bit as uninspiring as we all feared

There is a real bad smell about it all.

You would like to think draws will turn in to wins, but i think it is more likely to turn in to loses.

When it is clear that the team can't defend a lead at any point, the alarm bells ring for me.

Hang on a minute, the match thread was full of predictions of how we were definately going to get beat because we were playing Sunderland who have way better players and a far far better manager - surely a 2-2 draw away is a cracking result and Mcliesh needs applauding?

Hang on a minute, the match thread was full of predictions of how we were definately going to get beat because we were playing Sunderland who have way better players and a far far better manager - surely a 2-2 draw away is a cracking result and Mcliesh needs applauding?
I think it's the defending and dropping points that gets a lot of people down - myself included.

The result of 2-2 away at Sunderland is not bad.

The MANNER in which we concede a lead is shocking and confidence sapping.

The position of the club is dynamic, not static, you are either on the way up or on the way down. The surrender of leads will soon have you in latter camp.

Conceding leads with the ease in which we do is worrying, it appears we have no idea how to defend a lead....and more worringly seem to have not made much in road at Bodymoor to remedy it.

That in itself despite the seemingly decent point is a very worrying factor especially with the regularity with which it occurs.

i would have taken a draw before hand yes.

McLeish team selection , tactics and our inability to defend set pieces is still irritating.

Going nowhere fast.

Thought we were going down fast?

where i say that?

Come on, youve said many a time were going to get relegated. Bout 68 times when you were banging on about Mick McArthy.

What Im saying is if we are going into the match thread and predicting defeat, whilst banging on about how Sunderland have better players and a far better manager, we can't then moan about Mcliesh when he gets a draw. A draw is a bad/dissapointing result when you expect a win.

McLeish team selection , tactics and our inability to defend set pieces is still irritating.

Going nowhere fast.

where i say that?

Come on, youve said many a time were going to get relegated. Bout 68 times when you were banging on about Mick McArthy.

What Im saying is if we are going into the match thread and predicting defeat, whilst banging on about how Sunderland have better players and a far better manager, we can't then moan about Mcliesh when he gets a draw. A draw is a bad/dissapointing result when you expect a win.

Don't recall ever saying we'd be relegated but we may well flirt with it again. You must be confusing me with Richard.

As for Mick McCarthy - he actually does have more "Premiership experience" than McLeish - that is a fact.

McLeish was and is a truely woeful appointment but we are stuck with him and have to support him even tho he is crap.

McLeish is the third choice of a trio that also consisted of:

Mr Steve (I Just Quit at Forest Because I was Shit) Mclaren

and

Mr Roberto (I stayed at Wonderful Wigan Because I am Loyal) Martinez

If they were considered before McLeish then God help us.

Going nowhere fast.

where i say that?

Don't recall ever saying we'd be relegated but we may well flirt with it again. You must be confusing me with Richard.

As for Mick McCarthy - he actually does have more "Premiership experience" than McLeish - that is a fact.

McLeish was and is a truely woeful appointment but we are stuck with him and have to support him even tho he is crap.

Why do we have to support him? It is not compulsory.

the trait of conceding goals at ease has been with us for some time.

Whether it is directly Mcleish's fault or whether he has compounded the problem its anyones shout, but this problem has been here for some time.

jesus, we couldn't even hold on to the Cup Final Lead by resorting to a school boy error.

This problem has to be addresssed and QUICK.

i think mcleish talks a good game, but thats about it. he seemingly has no ability to implement any successful tactics.

hes gone on about needing to improve the passing, movement off the ball, creating chances etc. thats great, but you need to work at those things on the training pitch and i dont think we do. we are still terrible at passing, our movement is non existant and we are not creating enough chances.

then there's the defence. after man city mcleish said they would work on setpieces on the training pitch. but then before WBA he admitted they had done no actual work, just talked about it. then we went and conceded 2 goals from corners. and another set piece goal today.

he talks about players having to perform and if they dont there are others to take their place. hutton keeps playing shit and is still picked, heskey continues to be woeful and still gets picked, and as a midfielder to boot. he dropped nzogbia to be fair, but thats about it. defence still looks poor and yet no changes.

we have had an easy start fixture wise yet have won only 2 games, against 2 woeful teams. given the games we have had the results have not been good enough. i want to like mcleish, i want him to prove that the negative tactics at blues were down to the players he had at his disposal, not him. but so far he has done nothing to dispel that.

i think mcleish talks a good game, but thats about it. he seemingly has no ability to implement any successful tactics.

hes gone on about needing to improve the passing, movement off the ball, creating chances etc. thats great, but you need to work at those things on the training pitch and i dont think we do. we are still terrible at passing, our movement is non existant and we are not creating enough chances.

then there's the defence. after man city mcleish said they would work on setpieces on the training pitch. but then before WBA he admitted they had done no actual work, just talked about it. then we went and conceded 2 goals from corners. and another set piece goal today.

he talks about players having to perform and if they dont there are others to take their place. hutton keeps playing shit and is still picked, heskey continues to be woeful and still gets picked, and as a midfielder to boot. he dropped nzogbia to be fair, but thats about it. defence still looks poor and yet no changes.

we have had an easy start fixture wise yet have won only 2 games, against 2 woeful teams. given the games we have had the results have not been good enough. i want to like mcleish, i want him to prove that the negative tactics at blues were down to the players he had at his disposal, not him. but so far he has done nothing to dispel that.

Well put.

I still cannot work out what the hell the board were thinking in all honesty in appointing him.

Results i guess could have been worse but like you say hes done nothing so far to dispel what most thought of him when he was appointed.

Heskey in midfield ...christ..

Â