Watches

Risso

1 hour ago, GeorgeVilla82 said:

Thanks again for all your advice. I’m going to go into the shop to see it when I’m back at work in London in the new year, but think I might go for this one - they’ve reserved no.40 out of the 50 produced for me as it’s for my husband’s belated 40th birthday (a gimmick probably, but thought it was a nice touch). 

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/product/the-new-bond-street-grand-seiko-light-shadow-spring-drive-sbgy029/

Right, back to trying to stop my children fighting each other over their new toys 🙄

That looks amazing!!!

And honestly, Grand Seikos look so much better in real life than in the photos.

And the Spring Drive is a marvel of engineering.

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 14:15, GeorgeVilla82 said:

Thanks again for all your advice. I’m going to go into the shop to see it when I’m back at work in London in the new year, but think I might go for this one - they’ve reserved no.40 out of the 50 produced for me as it’s for my husband’s belated 40th birthday (a gimmick probably, but thought it was a nice touch). 

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/product/the-new-bond-street-grand-seiko-light-shadow-spring-drive-sbgy029/

Right, back to trying to stop my children fighting each other over their new toys 🙄

I love the Grand Seiko watches. I love the innovation and history of Seiko in general though. The 'snowflake' Grand Seiko looks incredible, as does the one you've linked.

The only issue I have with them are the alternatives at this price range, but still, you wear what you love!

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 14:15, GeorgeVilla82 said:

Nice watch. The limited edition number is a really nice touch.  

• Like 1

That's an excellent choice, nice one.  Love the dial on that, and would go fas ar to say that Grand Seiko are my favourite watch manufacturer at the moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeorgeVilla82 said:

Bought the watch yesterday, gave it to him last night and he loves it, which is a relief!

Thanks again for all your advice 😊

spacer.png

(I'd be frightened to wear the **** outside the house)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advice!!!! 

I have the chance to get a Bel Canto by Christopher Ward.  New.  Titanium strap.  It's complication is that it actually chimes. Hammers at 6 o'clock hit the chime which runs around the edge.  

Cost about £3,400. Order now for delivery at Christmas. 

The last production sold out fast. They were going for £6,000 a few weeks ago. But Christopher Ward has committed to producing as many as they can sell. 

I just love the chime complication.  But have I fallen on love with a novelty that will soon wear off?  Is it worth us?  

Any opinions?  

C01-41APT1-T00B0-B0_Picture_1.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Advice!!!! 

I have the chance to get a Bel Canto by Christopher Ward.  New.  Titanium strap.  It's complication is that it actually chimes. Hammers at 6 o'clock hit the chime which runs around the edge.  

The last production sold out fast. They were going for £6,000 a few weeks ago. But Christopher Ward has committed to producing as many as they can sell. 

I just love the chime complication.  But have I fallen on love with a novelty that will soon wear off?  Is it worth us?  

Any opinions?  

You either love or hate a watch like that, if it holds its value and you like it then what's to lose? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

You either love or hate a watch like that, if it holds its value and you like it then what's to lose? 

The actual watch face is that tiny circle at 12 o'clock.  I love the complication not the watch. But the complication is the watch.  

It's like supporting Villa.  I can see its not perfect but there's just something about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Advice!!!! 

Any opinions?  

I've got one on order too. I used to have an IWC Minute Repeater and loved it, so the chance to get something similar for a price like that isn't to be missed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I've got one on order too. I used to have an IWC Minute Repeater and loved it, so the chance to get something similar for a price like that isn't to be missed.

When I was a child (many years ago) I had a quartz watch that was clockface with a small digital display underneath.  It had an hourly electronic chime.  

It was cutting edge and I enjoyed the envy when my watch chimed on the hour in a quite classroom.  But I eventually got bored of the chime and turned it off.  

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Advice!!!! 

Any opinions?  

It’s honestly not for me mate just from first look, but a watch as you know is very much personal taste.  It sounds like a very decent deal though and hadn’t ever looked into Christopher Ward.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Well, after being on the list for a year and having bought one in July i've had the call.

I had three watches on my preferred list but picked this under rated beauty up just before Christmas.

My first preference was a GMT, but the more i look at and wear this i love it more and more.

Well happy.😃

spacer.png

spacer.png

What cost of living crisis. 😆

• Haha 1

I love watches, I've got about 10, but bloody hell, I'd not even pay over a £100 for mine and you guys are forking out thousands 😵

I know they are an investment but I'd be scared to wear the thing. 

My most expensive watch is an all black MVMT thing and when I wear it, I'm constantly checking my wrist to make sure it ain't fallen off and it only cost me £89 😂

I'll stick to my Sekonda's and the like, my wife would divorce, probably end my life, if I spent 3k on a watch!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I love watches, I've got about 10, but bloody hell, I'd not even pay over a £100 for mine and you guys are forking out thousands 😵

My most expensive watch is an all black MVMT thing and when I wear it, I'm constantly checking my wrist to make sure it ain't fallen off and it only cost me £89 😂

I'll stick to my Sekonda's and the like, my wife would divorce, probably end my life, if I spent 3k on a watch!! 

Understand where you are coming from.

I Love watches too. I have an original Omega Seamaster dated 2001. Purchased with a first ever bonus from work.

For ages i had a few replicas/fakes/snides of Rolex and Panerai. I worked in China so i was able to pick them up on the cheap.

Now, I'm just lucky enough to be in a position where i can now have the real thing.

My thinking is, i love the watches/brand, I've recently had a bereavement of a close family member so it gives you a reality check, i'm only on the planet once so i may as well enjoy it.

I must admit though, i am very selective as to when and where i wear it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Easy - treat yourself… and don’t tell her! Or sell some of your other ten and say selling those paid for the new one…

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Â