Watches

Risso

I have a problem of having a favourite, wearing it out and then buying a new one rather than rotating

This is my current Fossil Watch, probably not to a lot of your tastes.

9129350975_9672c01fba.jpg

Oh I like that. I need a skeleton watch of some description. 

Also Fossel, Tissot & Citizen make some nice watches, 

But I'm a big fan of Hamilton. American watch I know but still Jazzmaster is a nice dress watch. 

Nowhere near as swish as some on here but here is my small collection

20130806_162549.jpg

I think I might be addicted to G Shocks, bought my first one 3 weeks ago, another a week later and have another on order!

Yep bought off Iconicwatches and swisswatchesdirect before. Both been excellent. Even changed my order with the latter 5 days after I'd made it (for a slightly cheaper model as was on leather stap) and they were cool.

BTW that strap on the Planet Ocean is one I may get if the all black strap doesn't look as good with the orange bezel. 

In love with the Planet Ocean atm, big hommage thread over on TZ-UK

Looks a decent enough, legit site after a quick glance Choffer, but give them a ring first.  Most high end watch manufacturers will only honour their warranties if you buy from one of their authorised dealers.  Also, most high street jewellers will knock a fair bit off the RRP if you ask them, so maybe try your nearest authorised dealer first.

That Omega is cracking by the way, I love the black and orange.  The orange strap on CV's look superb in my opinion, not garish at all.

Swisswatchesdirect and Iconicwatches have official warranties from Omega etc.. they're just resellers. Official Dealers have to buy x amount of stock to be official dealers, so they sell some of the stock on at reduced prices to those sites. Those sites are the only two I have bought from and checked out so don't expect it from all online sellers. 

Cheers guys.

I think that's my starting point, Risso. Going to pop into beaverbrooks, goldsmiths and the omega store to see if I can play them off against each other first and if that doesn't offer up a decent discount, I'll go with the iconic option.

More than twice what I'd originally budgeted for my new watch but once I'd seen the Planet Ocean, it was game over. Now I just have to get my hands on one. :)

Oh and can't help but post a few pics of the watches. Taken by better photographers than I

Start with my new Planet Ocean 

8750467776_bd6b804ea2_c.jpg

Then the Omega Aqua Terra, on the steel bracelet in this pic, but I wear it on dark brown leather strap as my daily driver to work. 

P1040615_zpsed242ad4.jpg

Finally the Milgauss GV, this is a superb pic of it. 

8477719805_a7dd9a7a06_c.jpg

Edited by CVByrne

I've just joined that forum CV, looks quite interesting.  I joined one called watchuseek, but it's enormous and topics are too fast moving to keep track of.  TZ-UK seems a lot more UK focussed as well (hence the name I guess).

Yep it's a very good site. But once you get access to sales corner good night  :blush: Picked up my Milgauss from there, unworn all stickers still on it, receipt from Watches of Switzerland for nearly 3/4rs the rrp. 

I try to not look in there now as if I see a Navitimer in blue I know I won;t be able to help myself.  :o

btw it's customary to introduce yourself and what you have + pics on watch talk forum. Everyone is very nice. 

This is my current Fossil Watch, probably not to a lot of your tastes.

9129350975_9672c01fba.jpg

Looks like they've hit upon the age old problem of taking something apart, putting it back together and discovering that there may be one or two bits left over. :)

Edited by snowychap

Choffer is that the 8500 movement or the older 2500 movement Planet Ocean?

looking for the 8500, which is what I'd expect to find if buying from new. The ones on swisswatches and iconic watches don't specify so I'll have to keep an eye out to make sure I get what I want.

You really shouldn't oughta posted that pic of the Milgauss though. Almost having second thoughts having seen that ;)

*edit. Actually the one on swisswatches is the 8500

Edited by choffer

Â