Watches

Risso

There's a film coming out about George Daniels and Roger Smith, CV, details here: http://www.thewatchmakersapprentice.com/video/

The co-axial escapement invented by Daniels was the first major advancement in mechanical watches in 250 years, and was taken up by Omega for most of their watches, including your Planet Ocean.

Cool I'll take a look at that. 

Have a look at this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390640863447?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 it looks as if the case is brass or rose gold but there are no sich variants of the Navitimer World. 

I think it's just a reflection of the wood. It looks legit to me based on the markings on the strap, it's the crock one. Will keep an eye on it, not fond of these without the box so will probably just watch for interest.

Richard Mille watches are ridiculously expensive.  That's the RM-59-01 tourbillon.  Not really my thing at all to be honest, although it's probaly mechanically brilliant.  And CV, that Omega is lovely, where'd you pick that up from?

by coincidence my watch strap broke last week so I popped into Clas Ohlson on Monday and picked up a beauty for £5.79

7ewcc.jpg

**** yeah!

the actual watch isn't really out of focus....

Edited by chrisp65

Richard Mille watches are ridiculously expensive. That's the RM-59-01 tourbillon. Not really my thing at all to be honest, although it's probaly mechanically brilliant. And CV, that Omega is lovely, where'd you pick that up from?

Sales Corner on TZ. I saw it but it was on hold pending funds and was gutted I didn't see it first. Then by luck it was bumped back up with the deal falling through. 16 hours later I was walking out of my apartment in the morning as it was being delivered. To have the original box, warranty card, authenticity book. It smells of very very old paper.

I think the 561 is one of the best movements ever. Omega had 100,000 submitted for Chronometer testing between 64 a day 66 without a single one of them failing.

One hundred thousand consecutively numbered movements, all passed, that's a hell of a feat.

It's 18 carat on steel. Original crystal and all. Unmolested after 40 years. I feel privileged to have acquired this. :D

by coincidence my watch strap broke last week so I popped into Clas Ohlson on Monday and picked up a beauty for £5.79

7ewcc.jpg

**** yeah!

Your wrist looks like an old man's penis.

• Like 2

7ewcc.jpg

**** yeah!

that's not my wrist

• Like 2

7ewcc.jpg

**** yeah!

that's not my wrist

Please tell me it's not your penis??

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not worn a watch since I lost my late grandfather's Jaeger LeCoultre.

:shock:

Bloody hell, I would be just a little bit upset if that had happened to me. Shit.

I couldn't give a shit how much it was worth - it was the last physical connection I had to my late grandfather

Aside from of course being alive....

Â