Watches

Risso

This is an interesting watch (To me anyway :))

nixie-watch.jpg

Displays the time on nixie tubes, which are neon display tubes that were used back in 1969 in calculators. Only needs the flick of the wrist to display the hours, minutes in seconds in a sequence. Rugged and water resistant.

• Like 2

Well I'll believe the case description on Zeniths site. It's 40mm, the first pic is that watch.

The 2nd pic came up in google images under the same watch, but maybe it's a bigger case. 

Edited by CVByrne

Well I'll believe the case description on Zeniths site. It's 40mm, the first pic is that watch.

The 2nd pic came up in google images under the same watch, but maybe it's a bigger case.

The blue face / blue strap combo is always a winner in my opinion.

let he who is without sin...and all that.

not interested in buying a posh watch, but I do spend quite a lot of money going up and down to that London watching crappy bands, so, each to their own I guess.

I also have a direct debit to a charity to seize the moral high ground in any consumerism debate.

I was waiting for someone to pop in and hijack the thread with the kind of thing peter posted above. Shame Villatalk is like this tbh. 

Risso before the inevitable destruction of discussion on the subject of watches happens, let me just say I had big hump to get over before I actually got my first nice one, but it was worth it. You clearly enjoy watches so I suggest you get a 2nd hand one you like and work from there. I enjoyed putting a bit of tlc into the 2nd hand Tag I got getting it back to looking new. 

I've got these two:

mw6222.jpg

and

32630405006001main.jpg

Very nice Risso. I struggled to like Breitling at first, but now more and more of them I really like. I am a HUGE Omega fan, I want the Aqua Terra Chronometer all the dial colours. Also live Speedmasters too.

I've 3 at the moment. I'm selling my Gucci G Chrono. So my Collection are

CV201AH.FT6014-TAG-HEUER-CARRERA-CALIBRE

ac85c12139425aed95015d0cd5a141c3_zps93de

1-110.jpg

• 1 month later...

Short interview with my hero George Daniels, greatest ever British watchmaker, proud Isle of Man resident and bona fide genius:

He only made a few watches in his life, and they go for lottery style money now, one is up for sale at Sotheby's soon for £300K-£400K: http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/ecatalogue/2013/treasures-princely-taste-l13303/lot.49.html

• 1 month later...
Â