Watches

Risso

Yeah 8500 would be what you'd expect from buying a new PO. I ask as mine is the 2500 which I got for a nice discount as it's the old movement. Also when I was in Westfield in Stratford they had the 2500 42 and 45mm and the 8500 42, 45 and the 45 chrono (which is the size of a small car). 

Anyway, if you can find an authorised dealer selling the 2500 you will probably be able to get a good deal on it.  ;)

Easiest way to tell the difference is the new 8500 is clear caseback so you can see the movement, old is solid. Also the one you posted is ceramic bezel which is more durable than the non ceramic like the orange bezel ones. So if you're gonna wear it as your daily driver then you've picked the right one.

as for the Milgauss, something special about how they have treated that crystal, it's at it's most green from the sides so when someone else looks at it on you it looks superb compared to when you check the time yourself. 

Plus emerald and being from Ireland.  :rolleyes:

Though Risso has 3 watches I like a lot. Tough to pick between them, love his speedy. 

Then the Omega Aqua Terra, on the steel bracelet in this pic, but I wear it on dark brown leather strap as my daily driver to work. 

P1040615_zpsed242ad4.jpg

Really like this one.

Not a fan of the coloured bezels on your other ones (not that I know anythign about watches so my opinion is useless :D)

Opinions on the Steve McQueen Monaco? 

I'm thinking of leaving Navitimer World till Christmas (nobody is selling one ffs) and offloading my Tag Carrera to get one of these. It's an utter classic and THE Heuer to own imo. I've a lad from Mayo who might be a tad too eager to offload a Sep 2012 one in mint, worn 5 times for a very tempting price. 

Tag_Heuer_Monaco_1300740385.jpg

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

I like them. My mate had one and it was lovely. Definitely a 'classic' watch. He traded it in to get a Rolex Daytona!

Getting envious looking at all these. Just paid Solicitors fees today of the best part of £4k which could have gone towards my grail, the Hulk! 

As an aside Conor, TZ-UK is also my favourite watch forum. I'm a serial lurker! Also pop my beak into TRF as well but they can be a bit too fanboy for me. 

Tz is great because is UK based. Plus advise is abundant, very helpful people on there. Real watch people.

I've decided that when the Milguass GV goes. It'll to be to fund the Hulk. Every GV up on sales corner on TZ is gone within the day. It's as popular as the Aqua Terra on there.

Most on TZ are Seiko and Pam fans. Of course Omega, Rolex and Breitling have strong support too. It's great site. Lurking is what it's about really.

Back to the McQueen. I think I can recoup my costs in 2 years no problem given how good price this one is. I have always wanted one. But my current grail is the blue Navitimer World.

I'll decide tomorrow I suppose. Off to dinner now.

I'm thinking of leaving Navitimer World till Christmas (nobody is selling one ffs)  

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

I'm thinking of leaving Navitimer World till Christmas (nobody is selling one ffs)

Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Blue face, blue leather strap Navitimer World?

Anyway thus lad with the Monaco actually wants (thinks he'll get) his asking price! Which is about £100 cheaper than you can buy it new from Swiss watches direct.

Crazy people think the price they paid in the store is the price they cost everywhere.

There's no import duty on gifts.

But it'll be held up in customs for sure. Unopened watch.

I got a import tax bill for a new stainless steel strap for my Carerra. I'm sure I'll get it for a new watch.

I want one of these:

http://www.jaquet-droz.com/en/collections/nouveautes#!the_charming_bird-J031534240

Jaquet Droz with "Charming Bird" complication.  The bird flaps its wings and whistles apparently.  It's to celebrate 275 years of Jaquet Droz, and they're only making 28.  It'll be made of unobtanium, and be hellishly expensive.

Â