GTA 5

Genie

GTA Vice City had the best storyline and sountrack (albeit the storyline a has of about 5 different films).

the radio's are the best of ANY GTA game. the comedy the adverts "rusty browns ring doughnuts. I just love the batter all over my face".

it highlighted how awesome music was in the 80s.

the will struggle to better the stations on that game.

didn't think much of San Andreas.

Never played Vice City, but I thought the radio stations on San Andreas were greeeeeeat. And it was chock full of music from the 80s and early 90s (not surprising, seeing that the in-game plot takes place in 1992)

Never played Vice City,

You must.

I actually really preferred GTA 3 over 4 too,I played it again last year and graphically it seems to hold up better than the other PS2 games, or the cars do at the very least.

It'll be interesting to see how they've changed SA since the last time. I still have a pretty good idea of that map in my head, and from the Vinewood sign down into the city, it looks basically the same.

Edit: Might seem stupid but I'd like them to get rid of sat nav, it can be annoying going the wrong way in a mission, but I liked having to learn my way around the map, I know exactly where I'm going on almost every GTA, just not the 4th. On the 4th I have no clue because I never needed to know, plus you see more of the city when you're not following a line on the map.

I just hope they ramp up the fun factor and take out the 'let's hang out with friends' elements that ruined IV for me.

See I thought that was better on IV than on SA.

On IV you dind't really have to do it. And there wasn't really that much of it.

Where as on SA there was loads of stuff to do like going to the gym and eating and stuff and you basically HAD to do it.

It took the fun out of it for me on SA, but not on IV.

Rockstar press release apparently makes no mention of anything other than a Los Santos setting - i.e. it might well not be the full San Andreas setting, instead being Los Santos and surrounding countryside.

Rockstar press release apparently makes no mention of anything other than a Los Santos setting - i.e. it might well not be the full San Andreas setting, instead being Los Santos and surrounding countryside.
I read that too, so how are they going to improve on San Andreas then if the area is much smaller?

I read that too, so how are they going to improve on San Andreas then if the area is much smaller?
There will be other places on the game, you can clearly see two in the trailer.

No doubt it will be brilliant but I can't help but feel we are going over the same old ground. I was hoping for somewhere new perhaps a semi fictional European setting with a riviera type city a Venice like city and an alpine city. Kind of a French, Italian, Austrian hybrid.

No doubt it will be brilliant but I can't help but feel we are going over the same old ground. I was hoping for somewhere new perhaps a semi fictional European setting with a riviera type city a Venice like city and an alpine city. Kind of a French, Italian, Austrian hybrid.
Rockstar have replied a few times to it, saying this about two weeks ago, before anything was announced

"We go backwards and forwards on it. There are very interesting crime stories and other stories you can tell about anyplace in the world. Whether that would work with Grand Theft Auto — when so much about Grand Theft Auto is about the Americana, about the American media — is something I’m not sure about."

I'd agree with them.

Just. Because its called Los Santos doesn't mean it'll be smaller than San Andreas.

It's just a name. They'll probably alter it a lot. Like Liberty City in IV compared to III

I know there will be other places, but there's not going to be any other cities by the looks of it.

I know there will be other places, but there's not going to be any other cities by the looks of it.
Los Puertas or something like that gets shown as a sign in the video. That will be a new city, why else would it be in a trailer?

And by the looks of it, the Vegas area makes a return too because the desert is back. It'll stick with the usual 3 city format I think, this is only one trailer, you can understand why they would show you Vinewood, it's what a lot of people were crying for.

I just hope they ramp up the fun factor and take out the 'let's hang out with friends' elements that ruined IV for me.

Where as on SA there was loads of stuff to do like going to the gym and eating and stuff and you basically HAD to do it.

I hated having to eat! That was one of the worst ideas they put in to the GTA series, that and any mission where you use remote control helicopters.

I hated having to eat! That was one of the worst ideas they put in to the GTA series, that and any mission where you use remote control helicopters.

Oh my god, that was possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever had to sit through on a computer game!

Im happy with this being set in California again. I do think Vice City was the better all round game but San Andreas as a setting was the best that GTA has ever had.

I just hope they improve the fundamentals of the game. The driving, the police chases, the shooting and the missions in general. As has already been mentioned, i dont want the game watered down with shit like eating and going to the Gym...just not fun at all and more like a chore to be honest.

I gave up SA because of a mission where you had to shoot a load of geezers on a train whilst you were on a dirtbike. So, I didn't even leave LA to explore the massive game map.

GTA IV was good, until I got utterly bored by trying to keep up with friends. By that stage, I thought I'd sort my life out, switch off the console and keep up with friends. I think, had SA not had that irritating mission, I would have said it was the best. But, Vice City for me.

Â