Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

apologies, for some reason i thought he was a defender

He's played Right Back for the reserves at times and one of his first matches in the first team was at Right Back, he even got Man of the Match if I recall, but since then McLeish has played him as a Defensive Midfielder.

Herd was quality on Saturday imo. His tenacity and workrate has always been good, but his passing and skill on the ball was much better than anything I've seen from him before.

He was also very confident in the interview on AVTV.

I wish we could play Gardner & Herd together in the middle, but it may lack experience, so we need to put old-man Petrov in there to take shots at the First Aid sign behind the goal every 20 minutes.

Herd was quality on Saturday imo. His tenacity and workrate has always been good, but his passing and skill on the ball was much better than anything I've seen from him before.

He was also very confident in the interview on AVTV.

I wish we could play Gardner & Herd together in the middle, but it may lack experience, so we need to put old-man Petrov in there to take shots at the First Aid sign behind the goal every 20 minutes.

Could go with 3 in the Middle (petrov,herd and Gardner), but we would have to leave out Ireland.

• 4 weeks later...

Took his goal really well, nice finish indeed! More of that please Chris! Has alway scored for the reserves so it's nice to see him chip in with one this season now after him progressing steadily!

I think Herd with time will be our next Barry/Milner type.. He's an absolute engine in that midfield, is a pretty decent defender, is rather good going forward and from the goal yesterday has a very good right foot on him.

He's been brilliant and as I've said before he is probably the only positive of the Mcleish tenure so far.

There are more positives;

- Herd showing his quality.

- Ireland finally coming good.

- Bannan finally showing more of what he can do.

- Lichaj playing well.

Couple that with some other bonuses that may pay off such as Weimann and Carruthers getting a chance slowly and we have some very good players that McLeish is giving chances to. Yes some of these chances are forced due to injury, but many like Bannan and Herd etc. They are coming good because McLeish has had the faith in them to play them regularly.. If the rest can get that amount of play time we may have a young, but exciting starting 11 next season.

He's been brilliant and as I've said before he is probably the only positive of the Mcleish tenure so far.

There are more positives;

- Herd showing his quality.

- Ireland finally coming good.

- Bannan finally showing more of what he can do.

- Lichaj playing well.

Couple that with some other bonuses that may pay off such as Weimann and Carruthers getting a chance slowly and we have some very good players that McLeish is giving chances to. Yes some of these chances are forced due to injury, but many like Bannan and Herd etc. They are coming good because McLeish has had the faith in them to play them regularly.. If the rest can get that amount of play time we may have a young, but exciting starting 11 next season.

Hmmm - with so many positives - its a wonder we are so far down the table - and a dischanted fan base and slumping attendances.

or perhaps you're seeing there all missing ?

Â