McLeish's reception on Saturday

Rockafella

Just wondering what kind of reception you'll think he'll get at home this Saturday and what of reception you will personally be giving?

He was happy with fans at the Fulham game.

I personally hope it's a decent one to show we are behind the team, if reception is bad every home game then I'm sure it will effect players too.

I will clap, and ask him to prove the doubters wrong - and sitting next to the tunnel 3 rows back I will actually be able to do this if I shout a little :D

I saw at the end of the game on Saturday when the fans were clapping the team off he gestured to a player (couldn't see who it was) who was not clapping to acknowledge the fans, which was a nice touch.

Interesting topic this thread and I think on whole he will get a respectful reception. That being said I know for a fact there are those who are determined to undermine him from the start and force him out already.

I was at Fulham last saturday and the gentleman in front of me turned round when McLeish walked out the tunnel and saw me clapping and said to me "it just aint gonna work is it?". I said that you need to give him a chance, that he's here now and there's not alot we can do about it now and that he would lose nothing by getting behind the man.

At the end of the day the way I see it the fans lose nothing by giving him a chance, if he fails then they get rid of a manager they never wanted anyway. If he succeeds (the definition of success for this football club has been a subject for debate recently I know) then the club as a whole will benefit presumably.

Hopefully a bit of common sense might prevail. Its the results week-in, week-out, which matter, not the origins of the manager. The club will always be bigger than the man. If, come May, its been a resounding flop then people should be free to express their dissatisfaction. Until then.........

I'll give him a good reception. Given the hand he has been dealt in terms of players he has had to let go and money available to bring others in I am not expecting anything other than mid table mediocrity at best. He has said the right things since he arrived and behaved in the manner I'd expect a manager of this great football club to behave. He has also so far respected those that really matter - us the supporters.

I will clap him, he is our manager and I will support him as he hasn't do anything for me not to support him. I doubt there will be any boos or similar, I can't remember our fans ever doing so specifically at the manager. Just at performances.

EDIT: Oh wait I forgot O'Leary :lol:

I won't clap him, I've never really clapped a manager at Villa, I'll clap the team if they're playing well and some of that clap will be owed to Mr McCleish (if I was on the touchline as he wondered to the dugout/acknowledges fans I'll acknowledge back...) However, being as I will be working until 3:10 before I get a seat I doubt I'll have the opportunity.

Agree with markavfc40, although he was way down my list of preferred managers, after all the contradictions and rubbish spouted from the previous manager, his honesty is a refreshing change. One thing he will get is respect from his players, it's just a pity we as supporters don't appear to be getting the same from the board.

We were at the game on saturday and yes there are individuals who will not accept him under any circumstances. For his honesty alone he deserves a fair crack.

I was watching a stream on Saturday and thought I heard the "they're going up, they're going down" Blues song - was this really sung ? Oh the irony !

Personally, he has my support at least until Christmas and I would give him the welcome his position (as AVFC manager) deserves - he's done nothing wrong yet.

A moderate reception would best. I wouldn't go overboard - shouting AM claret and blue army - just yet. Give him a clap - i am sure 95% of villa fans want him to succeed. He has a tough job - if he can tighten the defence he has something to build on.

I will be clapping him, as I did on Saturday. He seems a genuinely nice man who seems proud to be managing our great club. He hasn't done anything wrong so far. The players seem to like him too. Let's get a good vibe going, no more negativity everywhere.

Â