What is the main reason you wouldn't buy a ST?

steaknchips

Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?

• Other (please specify)
    • General apathy towards football
    • General apathy towards Villa
    • The appointment of McLeish
    • Lack of new signings
    • The sale of Downing and Young
    • Can't afford it

Personally, I have renewed, but did so back before the start of the summer.

If I had to renew now, I probably wouldnt.

1 - My Personal situation has changed with regards to finances.

2 - I just cannot be bothered to do a 250 mile round trip to watch us this year.

3 - Petrol prices make it a bloody expensive day out.

Never the less, I'll be there, though this might be my last year unfortunately.

For me the biggest factor would probably be a general dislike of other Villa fans these days to be honest. There is just such a negative atmosphere with Villa supporters it ruins the whole experience for me.

Due to living in Australia I voted other but I don't think I would buy a season ticket anyway as I just don't see the value. When I was living in Brum I had a season ticket for years but stopped due to work and other commitments as I would miss a couple of games a season. When I worked it out It was cheaper to buy tickets each game but because of seating things also changed.

For years when we had standing a group of us would meet up same area on the Holte, sometimes there would be 6 or at times 30+ all mates from School, work, pub etc but that ended when it became all seating so after finding myself on several occasions sat amongst people I didn't know it sort of spoilt the whole experience.

I'm guessing this is what the lads who are on about not having mates to go with are on about as much as the travelling to and from the game.

Personal circumstances have changed. We had our first child last summer, so working all week i like to spend my weekends with him. When he grows up (maybe 8 or 9 years time) i dare say i will get us both a season ticket if he's interested in football.

I live in North Devon and it takes out a whole weekend to get to a 90 minute match - there's better things in the south west to spend a whole weekend on.

I do try and get to matches occasionally if I am in the Midlands, but I'm not travelling to the Midlands specifically for a match. It would cost me about £150 per match, and that is more than football is worth to me.

I'm going to Prague in November for 3 days - it's going to cost me less than going to the Villa for an hour and a half...

Exactly this for me too - I live in Cornwall now. I had to forego my season ticket when I moved down to this part of the country 3 years ago. I do miss it, but not enough to warrant hundreds of pounds and hours of travelling to renew my season ticket.

I can always go to Home Park if I need a live football fix :|

The only reason im not getting a season ticket this season is that none of my mates are prepared to pay the amount, or commit to the time. Really pisses me off as i know i will be going to the majority of the games but will be put well behind on the list for cup games, away games etc. Havent had a Season ticket for a few years now as i had been at University up in Hull and couldnt afford it. Now in Full time employment and had been looking forward to getting one. Bloody annoying

Can afford the ticket, wouldn't mind going on my own, but the plane tickets would be quite too much every second saturday. :( But the thought has crossed my mind several times. If I win on the lottery...

I have to work every other sat so not worth a season ticket. In MON's last season in charge i managed 28 games home and away plus the two trips to wembley. I went a few times last year but have very little interest this year. The main one being McLeish, not so much the ex blues thing but I have seen his sides play football on numerous occasions and not impressed by his style. I was warming to GH and McCallister with what they were trying to achieve there I think they should have been kept on.

From the pre season games in hong kong, the game at derby and what we served up at fulham it looks like its going to pretty dire football this year which is what i expected from McLeish, its not exactly going to get me rushing down week in week out

After years of being STH and most away games, can't now afford it, not even occasionally.

And I never thought I'd say it but really don't think I would want to at present. Whilst I loved MON in charge I accept those times have gone, but the Board now appear naive, inept, duplicitious and patronising.

So whilst Mcleish, or Downing, or Ashley, or Milner, or Barry are not individually a reason, the pattern and lack of an ambitious path for the future probably means that if I do recover my income I will spend it elsewhere.

That and the fact that I think the Atmosphere, especially at VP has been going downhill a longtime now.

If they showed real ambition, and created a cheaper area where like minded fans could stand up and sing for 90 mins, I may go back.

But all that money to sit down with people moaning and not singing, and watching a Team getting left behind again ?

No thanks.

Im 27 and this season is my 18th consecutive season as a season ticket holder. The last 12 months has really took its toll on me and for the first time since I've been a season ticket holder I actually had second thoughts about renewing. There were ALOT of times last season where I was sitting there watching us getting done over by teams that we should be beating and I would think to myself why am I still doing this. In past years when I woke up on a Saturday morning I would be buzzing about the game on the afternoon but last season I would wake up and think... shall I bother going today?!? Part of me regrets renewing this season. Loving Villa just isn't enough anymore! Never thought that I'd see myself say/type that but it's true.

I can love Villa in a different way, like sitting in front of my laptop every matchday finding a dodgy website to watch the game just like alot of other members on here do!!! I'd save ALOT of money every year doing that too! Going to every single home and away game year in year out is a costly number and as I'm getting older and wiser the money that I would be saving would definitely come in handy! I've finally taken my claret and blue tinted sunglasses off and realised a few things.

Another thing that I never thought I'd say... I actually feel sorry for McLeish! Did I want him? Of course not but he's here now and that's that. His job is difficult as it is BUT Randy has made McLeish's job a million times worse by not backing him. Even Sir Alex or Mourinho couldn't do anything special with the squad that we currently have. Back to mid table mediocrity for us and to be honest that's something that I'm not prepared to pay silly amounts of money every season for anymore. I'd say that it is VERY likely that this will be my last as a season ticket holder unless McLeish can somehow pull it off, which I doubt. The ambition has disappeared and in 9 months time when the Tottenham game is over that is exactly what I shall be doing from Villa Park.

Anybody know what the ST numbers are currently?

The General said this about 3 weeks ago:

"Season Tickets: I have NEVER come on this site and stated EXACTLY what are numbers are. That would make no sense...whether they were high or low. What I will tell you is that our ST numbers are where we expected them to be....they are where they were at a comparable time last year. "

ST numbers are where we expected them to be - translate that to "we expected them to be crap and they are"

They are where they were at a comparable time last year - translate that to "that comparable time could have been day 1 after the end of the season"

Numbers have to be way down going by the numerous revelations on here and other boards. I wouldn't be surprised if we were at about 20,000.

Â