What is the main reason you wouldn't buy a ST?

steaknchips

Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?

• Other (please specify)
    • General apathy towards football
    • General apathy towards Villa
    • The appointment of McLeish
    • Lack of new signings
    • The sale of Downing and Young
    • Can't afford it

In light of recent attempts by the club to drum up extra ticket sales..

What is the "main" reason you would "not" purchase a season ticket?

Does this also apply to single matchday tickets?

Please PM a Mod to request the set up of polls in future - cheers! NV

Combination of (1) and (5) ((5) being largely distance from VP and family commitments); certainly not (2), (3) or (4) - I've had 50 years of being used to that sort of thing, and indeed far worse.

If I lived in Birmingham and I had a LOT more money and spare time, I would get one.

Disclaimer: I have NEVER had a season ticket.

1. No one to go with.

2. Play football 3pm Saturdays.

3. Living in Preston from September onwards.

I'd go no matter how we were doing, who we had in charge, signings, what division if didn't have those above factors....number 2 being most important, that means simply there is no point.

As soon as I retire, in about 15-16 years injuries permitting, I will get a season ticket :)

I don't really have the time to go to a football match most weeks (I do lots of running and relay/cross country fixtures tend to be during winter on Saturdays) so if I had a season ticket I don't think I'd be getting value for money. I tend to pick and choose whether I go or not, and its worked for me so far.

If the club put more deals on I'd probably go more often, and that probably counts for many others in my boat. I've seen many Category B games where we have 5-10k empty seats and have thought to myself "what a waste". The club probably want the pure moolah rather than the atmosphere though.

i don't care about selling players, not buying players, or having AMC as a manager.

i can afford it, and i don't have apathy towards Villa or football.

probably the only reason i don't go regularly is that i would want to go with someone, and i haven't got any other Villa supporter friends who would come with me.

I still go to a few matches though, when i can convince friends who support other teams to come with me.

I'm fed up of football in general...apart from the top 6, the rest of us are simply there to make up the numbers now. No one can compete without huge investment (it cost Man City around half a billion to finish 3rd and win an FA Cup!!)

i don't care about selling players, not buying players, or having AMC as a manager.

i can afford it, and i don't have apathy towards Villa or football.

probably the only reason i don't go regularly is that i would want to go with someone, and i haven't got any other Villa supporter friends who would come with me.

I still go to a few matches though, when i can convince friends who support other teams to come with me.

the-inbetweeners-football-friend-mens-t-shirt-37512-p.png

Sorry...

Had Houllier stayed there would have been a small chance I'd have given up the season ticket I've had for the last 23 years. I was coming to the end of my rope with the gutless, passionless tripe we were frequently serving up under that disrespectful, over the hill prat. I'm not expecting much from this season but I am at least expecting us to be back to giving 100% effort and for the manager to respect those of us that matter the most at this great football club - the fans.

I'd loved to have brought an ST for this season... But I simply have no 1 to go with. Tempted to go alone next season and think screw it, but I decided against it this year. I wasn't put off by the appointment of McLeish, the sale of Young and Downing, the lies we have been told... Didn't bother me!

Just wanna watch the team play. Managed to convince my dad to come with me for the game on Saturday against Blackburn. But can't imagine him wanting to come to more than 10 this season... And the gf won't and I don't have any Villa supporting mates. :/

I'd loved to have brought an ST for this season... But I simply have no 1 to go with. Tempted to go alone next season and think screw it, but I decided against it this year. I wasn't put off by the appointment of McLeish, the sale of Young and Downing, the lies we have been told... Didn't bother me!

Just wanna watch the team play. Managed to convince my dad to come with me for the game on Saturday against Blackburn. But can't imagine him wanting to come to more than 10 this season... And the gf won't and I don't have any Villa supporting mates. :/

Why not ask ender4 if he will go along with you? He is looking for for Villa mates too?

Had one for 25 years, so I think I've paid my dues.

Now I live down amongst the piskies with two kids and a disabled missus, of whom I'm a full-time carer. The odds of me making VP any time soon are remote, let alone having a ST, but I know where my heart is.

If I could, I would.....but I can't :)

Never been a ST holder, but I'm not even going to buy more than 2 tickets this season. Why would I want to financially support Randy when he's stripping the assets of the club? Awful excuse of a billionaire.
Thats apoor way to look at things mate..Lerner backed MON heavily to try and bring CL football to Villa..It didnt happen..Those players and the investment were still on the books and MON needed more...We didnt have more, we were already paying wages higher than spurs and one of the biggest spending clubs since Lerner joined..If anything you are punishing a man for backing and trusting his manager 110%..

Haha - has anyone ever made a villa match day friend??

Problem is, bet most of you are season ticket holders so wouldn't have consistency lol. Tempted to go along at some stage this season just to try and enjoy a game. Where is the best place to sit for some banter and people who are welcoming to others. Where I tend to sit on the DE stand isn't so great. Imagine the holte is difficult to get into unless I have an ST?

Â