What is the main reason you wouldn't buy a ST?

steaknchips

Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?

• Other (please specify)
    • General apathy towards football
    • General apathy towards Villa
    • The appointment of McLeish
    • Lack of new signings
    • The sale of Downing and Young
    • Can't afford it

I renewed but voeted for my dad who didnt.

General apathy towards the Villa. In his words "I sat there at the end of last season, even the last game, and thought I'm not enjoying this anymore, I wish I wasn't here"

....Havn't had one since MON when I thought I'm not enjoying this anymore.

We havn't had a decent central midfield for so long ,so I don't see much of a challenge going in.

I think the thing is possible to fix, but we only sign the right players in spasms, so by the time we get round to strengthening the good ones want to leave, its just become a merry go round.

Young and Downing just wanted to play with better players ( of course the money helps)

we will acheive nothing with our centre mid.

....Havn't had one since MON when I thought I'm not enjoying this anymore.

We havn't had a decent central midfield for so long ,so I don't see much of a challenge going in.

I think the thing is possible to fix, but we only sign the right players in spasms, so by the time we get round to strengthening the good ones want to leave, its just become a merry go round.

Young and Downing just wanted to play with better players ( of course the money helps)

we will acheive nothing with our centre mid.

I agree with you TRO, I do like Makoun but I dont think his possition was the priority. I think using his wage to secure Reo Coker would have benefited the club better.

A midfield of Reo, Delph and Bannan would have great balance, defence, attack and creativity.. Reo sitting back with Bannan and Delph pulling the strings would be awesome...

I renewed but voeted for my dad who didnt.

General apathy towards the Villa. In his words "I sat there at the end of last season, even the last game, and thought I'm not enjoying this anymore, I wish I wasn't here"

I felt the same at the end of O'Neill's last season, the second half of the season did it for me, couldnt be bothered rushing home from work (we had a lot of mid week evening games), in the shit weather, to watch the crap we were serving up at the time. Completely lost interest and didnt renew last season and won't be getting a season ticket this season either.

A little bit fairweather I know, but I'd had a season ticket for a good few years prior, so i've sat through a few bad times too, such as under Graham Taylor. I may go to a few games this year, not sure though.

Fair enough if people don't want to go because they don't think the team are good enough to compete but as long as I had the money I think I will keep going no matter what the team/manager/league etc.

I just see it as supporting my team/club financially and supporting them to succeed.

The fan base will always be bigger than any owner/manager/player. We make this club. It is our club.

I understand people don't want to go because they think we aren't good enough and don't like the board... well if you will only be happy and go to matches if the team is winning leagues and cups consistently then there are a few remote clubs that you may aswell be supporting. I enjoy the collectiveness, the hope, the tradition.

Everyone is different I suppose, that is just see it. I realise this has started to sound like an 'I'm a better fan than you' comment but that is just how I see it.

If I wasn't going to get a season ticket it would be because I couldn't afford it or couldn't get there.

Choosing from all the central Midfielders we have, they are either lightweight, passive, slow,lack drive, in short they are limited.

Whether the likes of Delph, Bannan or Makoun make it I really don't know. but right now they are players that need someone with them.

We need a central midfielder who can dictate, probe and drive the team forward, not play a passive role waiting for someone else to take up the inititative.

We need a colossus in Midfield that can enforce and dictate play a driver like Dennis Mortimer.....until we do, we will struggle to hold it together.

Fair enough if people don't want to go because they don't think the team are good enough to compete but as long as I had the money I think I will keep going no matter what the team/manager/league etc.

I just see it as supporting my team/club financially and supporting them to succeed.

The fan base will always be bigger than any owner/manager/player. We make this club. It is our club.

I understand people don't want to go because they think we aren't good enough and don't like the board... well if you will only be happy and go to matches if the team is winning leagues and cups consistently then there are a few remote clubs that you may aswell be supporting. I enjoy the collectiveness, the hope, the tradition.

Everyone is different I suppose, that is just see it. I realise this has started to sound like an 'I'm a better fan than you' comment but that is just how I see it.

If I wasn't going to get a season ticket it would be because I couldn't afford it or couldn't get there.

Its not just about winning..You have to remember your ploughing money into something you support...If you dont support the board, manager or players etc, dont plough money into it..You dont switch allegiance just because you dont want to support(money wise) something that you see is destroying what you love..Non support, money wise can also have a supporting effect on the club. In a way that you want to dictate change for the better. Whether that be the board selling up, sacking the manager or changing the players, its still you supporting the club in the way you feel it could be better...

If you plough money into a bad thing and show support for the bad thing, it will carry on being a bad thing because you are in effect supporting it..

Yet if you love the thing thats being treated bad and feel its all wrong, and you dont put money in...Its going to force change..

I nearly polled for "can't afford it"... but as I'd probably get a free one for being my Mum's carer at home games - that's not strictly true.

Other: I live too far away from Villa Park to make a ST feasible plus my Mum in Great Barr's eyesight means watching games is

getting more difficult, so a ST would be wasted on her.

Could I just add.....

Have to say AVFC have been absolutely brilliant to my Mum almost losing her sight. Made sure she got a ticket to Wembley as well as me as her carer in 2009 so she could make the Carling Cup final as they knew her sight was getting worse. When my Dad lost his leg many years ago when he was alive, the St John's Ambulance & the youth team used to carry him up the stairs to his seat in the Trinity Rd stand.

I have been a season ticket Holder for more years than I can remember and quite frankly I don't care whether folk see me as a good fan or not.... i was at Rotterdam soaking in the glory and watched us struggle under Tommy cummings.... so i've seen the good the bad and the ugly

I have not given up my interest In Av and never will, and i will continue to watch games on a casual basis, despite my living close to the ground.

My main gripe is the poor preformance in the transfer market, where various managers have just not got to grips with any kind of consistency of development..... just signing players worse than what we have got.... selling cheap and buying expensive.

I really do think our performance in the transfer Market has generally been poor and the blending of players has been patchy and incoherent.

sure the Young/Downing/Milner money was an exception, but jesus we have wasted some on players that have offered us very little.

I was actually going to get one for the 1st time in years this season but then saw what was going on..or rather wasn't going on more like. I then saw the usual sale of our best to our closest rivals & then watched as all the teams we are supposedly trying to catch up with carried on spending vast amounts whilst we did the polar opposite.. Indeed some of the teams below us even obliterated us in the transfer window like Sunderland & Stoke albeit Stoke's was more upping the wage bill as opposed to big transfer fees. So i made a calculated decision to not proceed with the purchase of a ST very sadly as i simply could not see myself having many good days out in all honesty.

Very disappointing as i was actually getting rather excited at the prospect of becoming a season ticket holder once again when i looked at the possibilities a couple of seasons ago & could see that this season i would be in a position to get one due to a change in circumstances. Also we were finally starting to be slightly competetive again despite the unpretty playing style.

I also heard mention on the TV that we are now considered in with the like of Stoke, West Brom, Fulham etc so far as the banks are concerned? Well at least thats what the panel were saying?! Hence the sudden change in approach? Apparently we & others are being controlled by the banks who have bracketed us amongst the alsorans & therefore told us to reign it in? Odd how that doesn't count the same for certain other clubs?! :? Well that put the final nail in it for me so i guess a general apathy with football would be the answer. Man City & Chelsea have ruined it for me too..They have killed the dreams of football fans everywhere whilst creating a groundswell of glory hunting hangers on who do nothing but gloat & walk round in their token footy top having no attatchment to their club whatsoever yet have the gaul to have patronising digs at genuine fans of the local clubs.

Of course the worst affected are mainly Chelsea, Man U & Liverpool although the new wave of Man City top wearers is guaranteed to be just around the corner.

Then of course we have the FA & Media bias towards the usual teams ..which i most certainly don't need to name now do i? (which says it all really does it not)

I guess in a warped way it's kind of nice to see other teams challenge instead of the same old guard of Liverpool, Man U & occasionally Arsenal but at least there was always still an outside chance then as we showed in 80/81 as did Everton & Blackburn on the odd occasion but now it's a closed shop... A monopoly practically & it's gonna self destruct if something isn't done about it pretty soon.. I for one have never felt so disinterested in it.. It's just something to do now but the dreams & belief have all but gone & thats dangerous because it wont be long untill people turn their attentions elsewhere as it becomes more & more pointless.

I will still of course support Villa, it's in my blood. I have sweated, travelled to distant lands & indeed bled for my club but now its not a sport for me as to be a sport it has to be competetive surely? There has to be some chance of winning the prizes.. (& no i don't mean the Coca cola cup when many sides use it as a training competition for their reserves or game time for their "2nd string")

So what exactly do you call taking part in a competition you have no possibility of winning?... A scam? ... A Con? .. or i guess you could say a pastime or hobby?!

I would love to think that somehow we could overcome the odds & win the title but no.. If you got passed the Man U's, Chelsea's & Man City's you would hit the brick wall just behind them of biased officials so it really is no longer possible....

Shame on the powers that be for allowing this to happen.

Had one until last year and will not have one this year either.. Mainly because I have moved 9000 miles away to chase the Aussie $!!

Have Foxtel so can still stay up to the middle of the night to watch us!

If I was in Brum I don't know what I would have done?

I live in North Devon and it takes out a whole weekend to get to a 90 minute match - there's better things in the south west to spend a whole weekend on.

I do try and get to matches occasionally if I am in the Midlands, but I'm not travelling to the Midlands specifically for a match. It would cost me about £150 per match, and that is more than football is worth to me.

I'm going to Prague in November for 3 days - it's going to cost me less than going to the Villa for an hour and a half...

I voted other. Soley because I live in Sweden. If I were in or around Birmingham I would have a season ticket no matter who we had in charge, what signings weve made or not made and so on...

I have had 2 STs - one for me and one for the wife - for 15 years + but not this year.

The reasons are numerous and cumulative:

1. To some extent I am fed up with football and seeing the spiralling wages of players funded by muppets like Abramovich and Mansour who just see our national game as a play thing and are encouraged to do this.

2. I am really disappointed by the Board and their actions over the last 18 months - lack of decent communication, appointment of McLeish (who I don't dislike necessarily but I don't think he is good enough to do what they have done).

3. I generally feel underwhelmed and not excited by the Villa at the minute. I like the two signings made but there is no X Factor with our side at the minute. Maybe when Gardner and possibly the two younger wingers start coming through??

Â