What is the main reason you wouldn't buy a ST?

steaknchips

Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Why would/did you not buy a season ticket?

• Other (please specify)
    • General apathy towards football
    • General apathy towards Villa
    • The appointment of McLeish
    • Lack of new signings
    • The sale of Downing and Young
    • Can't afford it

not strictly speaking on the ST front as I've never gone more than 2/3 times a season, but I'm not interested in going to games anymore full stop. Priorities have changed, and football is well down the list now, and part of that is due to football itself, but It's basically a large chunk of weekend with often very little satisfaction, not to mention groaning from all the MISERABLE words removed around me who are so negative and hostile, so for those reasons I'm Out as Duncan Banatayne might say.

In reality lets face it the football down villa is dire and boring. My idea of football is cheap entrance, getting pissed and standing with my fellow villa fans and and shouting bollocks for 90 minutes to cheer on the villa...but the football big wigs dont want our sort anymore they want the fair weather groups out on a jolly...well reap what you sow boys cause that lot aint loyal :nod:

So its 35 quid a match :crylaugh: try 10-15 quid for a prem match and then I will be attending...but if that aint happening then :wave:

Club have just announced they've surpassed 20,000 season tickets, which is pretty decent result after what's gone on this summer methinks.

I think last season they had around 26,000 in the end so it looks like its well down on last year but I think that's a combination of the recession as well as general apathy with football coupled with the upheavals at the club.

My take on club is that season ticket sales have suffered simply because the club has so significantly scaled back its ambitions, at least in the short term (one would hope).

I did renew, but I tell you what I have started doing.

I paid 480 for mine, and 210 for my two kids - total 900 quid (shit - why !!!!)

I have started a spreadsheet on the computer totting up how much each game would cost if we bought them seperately.

This week - offer 4 for £40 - so 40 for the three of us and my kids could bring a mate.

Lets see which one is the cheapest at the end of the season.

Is the 4 for £40 in available in the same area as your ST? One of the perks of a season ticket is that you are in the same seat every game so you surely must add the cheapest ticket in THAT seat to have a true comparison. As far as I'm aware there are no special offers available in some parts of the ground.

Â