Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

I got it for Christmas and just finished my first season with Villa. Ended up 15th and got the jill n jack. **** rock hard, probably too hard in all honesty. I can't work out whether I'm enjoying it or not. I got 7 red cards during the season and Dunne scored a ridiculous amount of own goals, Bent scored bugger all, Gabby got 1 goal, thank heavens for Delfouneso or I'd have got relegated. Came fourth in the Olympics too, had my right backs sent off in the semi and bronze medal play-off inside the first 20 minutes. No chance, it's not as if I have them doing aggressive tackling either. Just a cheating bastard game.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a game on the level 14 db. I can't even remember the name of the team I picked, Hopeless Harriers or something, in the Midland Alliance Div 2 :D Some of the players are actually properly good, which kind of makes sense really, I imagine there really are some decent (not to a league standard ofc, but still) amatuer players hidden in the deepest realms of the football pyramid

Got Tranmere promoted from League 1 in my first season. Just creaped into 6th by a point then crept past Bournemouth 1-0 on aggregate before beating Preston comprehensively 3-1 in the final.

Absolutely delighted with it, only expected mid-table at best! Wage budget of just 27k too, 4 loans in too so heavily dependent on them, Baker was a rock all season. Chuffed to bits though :D

I'm looking for a network game, anyone got one I can join or anyone else up for one?

Would love to have a VT game. If we can get 4/5 together, could be fun.

Great - anyone else up for it? Would be good if there is someone who knows how to set one up as not played a network game before.

I'm looking for a network game, anyone got one I can join or anyone else up for one?

Great - anyone else up for it? Would be good if there is someone who knows how to set one up as not played a network game before.

I wouldn't mind doing one if that's cool. I do know how to set one up. If you are interested, just let me know.

I wouldn't mind doing one if that's cool. I do know how to set one up. If you are interested, just let me know.

How do network games work? Do you all have to be online at the same time to make it work? Always wanted to play one but never got round to doing it.

Sort of, it's probably best if all players decide times of the week to play, you can play without everyone being online (as long as host is online) but obviously if you're not there then ass man handles everything. You pretty much play as usual although host can set a timer so game automatically continues after 2-5 minutes if someone is taking ages while everyone waits to continue. It's good fun if you get right number of people, players who are going to be able to play fairly regularly and a strong Internet connection for whoever is hosting!

Â