Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

when i used to play it as CM, i used to become a 2nd manager of the team i had next, fine all the players to get morale down, if i had time then sell their top players for nowt, then put out the most ridiculous line up with an outfield player in goal to garenty id win, then after the game, id retire that 2nd manager and leave that team in a mess

obviously i wont everything going and conceded no goals and signed the best players, lol

i dont like games unless i can cheat

will i still be able to do this?

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i used to play it as CM, i used to become a 2nd manager of the team i had next, fine all the players to get morale down, if i had time then sell their top players for nowt, then put out the most ridiculous line up with an outfield player in goal to garenty id win, then after the game, id retire that 2nd manager and leave that team in a mess

obviously i wont everything going and conceded no goals and signed the best players, lol

I think you can yeah, I used to do it as a kid. Why would you want to though, it just makes the game boring :)

Haha!

What's th epoint of playing like this though?!

Having bought the game with some money off when from Steam, I started my usual game with Nuneaton Boro'. Made 3 free signings, a striker, a winger, and a keeper. Just finished my friendlies;

jhygttyduliajgp.jpg

Not a bad start at all!

There's a database on the SI forums that takes the English pyramid down to level 14 which I will play when it's available to download. I had a great game on the DB that went to level 11 on FM11, so I'm just getting a feel for the chances in this one at the moment - which so far seem good

My Villa team in my 3rd season is:

Given

Walker Cahill Toure Kolarov

Makoun

Meireles Barry

N'Zogbia Agbonlahor

Adebeyor

1st season I finished 11th which almost got me sacked (i was experimenting with tactics)

2nd season I finished 5th (level on points with Chelsea in 4th but lost out on goal difference) and I won the FA Cup. :hooray:

3rd season I am currently 8th after 12 games.

In the 3 seasons combined Cahill has scored 21 league goals. :notworthy:

Can anyone recommend any decent players? I don't have much to spend but am trying to sell some reserve players to raise some funds.

My Villa team in my 3rd season is:

Given

Walker Cahill Toure Kolarov

Makoun

Meireles Barry

N'Zogbia Agbonlahor

Adebeyor

1st season I finished 11th which almost got me sacked (i was experimenting with tactics)

2nd season I finished 5th (level on points with Chelsea in 4th but lost out on goal difference) and I won the FA Cup. :hooray:

3rd season I am currently 8th after 12 games.

In the 3 seasons combined Cahill has scored 21 league goals. :notworthy:

Can anyone recommend any decent players? I don't have much to spend but am trying to sell some reserve players to raise some funds.

Verratti, Siegrist (already at Villa), Cheikh M'Bengue, Wilfried Bony, Andile Jali

Decided to try a game as Tamworth, ready for a record anyone?

I started the season well, thank god because the last 9 games ive lost all 9 scoring 2 goals which came in one game.

I seem to have a good squad and my tactics seem logical, how the hell do i get out of this run?

Maybe you got your tactics right? ;)

Finished 6th with Newcastle. I might sell Tiote (who I adore in real life). I picked up Bosingwa, Kalou on a freebie. The midfield is Cabaye and Strootman.

4/4 wins. One against Chelsea. Sturridge scored. Not bad for £3.5m. He got something like 14 goals and 8 assists on loan for us.

I think it's very realistic. Gone are the days where plug and play tactics rule the roost (well, I think), and you have to approach each and every game as a real manager would, playing to your strengths and exploiting the opposition team's weaknesses.

Also, AI managers seem to alter their opinion of your team more frequently than they used to, and as such change their tactics and approach in games against you more often.

I think it's very realistic. Gone are the days where plug and play tactics rule the roost (well, I think), and you have to approach each and every game as a real manager would, playing to your strengths and exploiting the opposition team's weaknesses.

Also, AI managers seem to alter their opinion of your team more frequently than they used to, and as such change their tactics and approach in games against you more often.

Suppose you are right here. Requires more thinking but i just found it near impossible to get morale up and changing tactics never worked

Takes to long to think about changing tactics for each game, I just stick to one usually as I tried to change it for a game against a big team and got slated for it.

Villa just got took over by some 'Fan'. How unrealistic is that, and straight after the last game of the season he sacked me without any reason for it. I finished 7th and didn't spend all my transfer budget or anything.

Now because I was only at Villa for two season all I can seem to get is grimsby. Great.

i finally won the league after 6 years! id lost the league on the last day 3 times before that, and that was despite my strike force (heung min, cavani, walcott, ayew) being as poor as they had been since i started

this game still has the problem that the top clubs sign some really average regens while i pluck the best ones, manu finished 8th last season and have a shocking team, man city have stopped buying players (spent £20m in 3 years)

Â