Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody wanted him... Everton did, Newcastle were interested, as were Sunderland. Played well today, starting to look like a top half winger.

No way did he play well today, better yes, but still very poor.

He wasn't very poor. He didn't play brilliantly but he is settling. He should have played Ireland in at the end and needs to get his head up but he is certainly getting better.
Agree. If he keeps improving at this rate he'll be a world beater by January. :)

Another decent game, tracked back well, made a good run to open up play for our 3rd even if it was a little fortuitous that the ball eventually fell to Gabby. I thought he was also unlucky the ball to Ireland did not get through at the end.

SUNDERLAND could make a shock January swoop for Aston Villa midfielder Charles N’Zogbia.

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce signed a whole new team during a busy summer in the transfer market – but the 25-year-old French winger was the one who got away after he joined Villa from Wigan for £9.5million.

But N’Zogbia has not had the best of starts in the Midlands and Bruce is keeping an eye on the situation before deciding whether to make a bid in the new year.

Sunderland are short of a regular left-back or left-winger and the former Newcastle player can play in both roles.

A Wearside source told Hotline: “Steve Bruce signed N’Zogbia for Wigan and knows he can get the best out of him.”

from the (n)ever reliable People

I actually think N'Zogbia is finally finding his feet and will come into his own over the next few months - he appears to be getting used to his new team mates and as already pointed out desperately wants to score.

I don't think we'll offload him yet - however, I reckon we'd sell Ireland if an offer came in!!!

I thought he had a very good first half, his best yet. He dropped off in the second half, but still, in that first half you could see his quality. Let's hope he starts to settle down and put in more shifts like that.

He has got better and better in the last three games and deserves a goal. Funny how people seem to forget how utterly ineffective Ash Young could be probably alot of the time, yes he had the class to change a game but often his free kicks and corners and decision making could be terrible, Gabby has been guilty of it in the past to - and people would always say he 'wasn't good enough' and yet now those same idiots rightfully worship him.

I am sick of the endless negativity about Ireland, Nzogbia, Heskey and Eck. People are entitled to their opinions but we are stuck with the above and need to get behind them.

Alan Hutton you say? Oh erm ok maybe there are exceptions :P

I am sick of the endless negativity about Ireland, Nzogbia, Heskey and Eck. People are entitled to their opinions but we are stuck with the above and need to get behind them.

Alan Hutton you say? Oh erm ok maybe there are exceptions :P

The only question marks recently have been Heskey in midfield and Hutton at the back. Everybody else thumbs up and that includes zoggy

I was always of the opinion that he was a selfish player anyway and its been sort of borne out, which shows. But, how much of that presently has anything to do with his 'need' to open his account is anyones guess. I think, once he does break his Villa duck, we'll see more of the CNZ we expected than the one he have......but I still would'nt expect him to pass it every time, when theres a glimmer of a shot on.

I really like N'zog......great 1st touch, always wants the ball, our one true dribbler who can beat a man with skill.He is too desperate for a goal.Is only 24, he could be a better player for us than either AYoung, or Downing.

:shock: :oops:

He's not going to be a better player for us than Young. Downing, well, let's see. He needs to improve significantly if he wants to reach Downing's levels last year, but even that ungrateful tosser is struggling at Liverpool. £20m and not a single goal or assist so far.

When has N'Zogbia beat a man with skill for us?! I must have missed it. All he seems to do is run into people and make poor decisions so far.

I know he is better than this from his time at Wigan and I just hope he can start to show it soon. Really annoys me that AMC is ignoring Albrighton though, considering N'Zogbia hasn't done a thing yet...

Â