Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

would anyone make any changes at half-time, say bring on one of the kids for gametime, now that we are winning 2-0.

or just leave the team seeing that they are doing so well.

i think i would leave it for now, but at 60mins, if its still 2-0, bring on a kid for some matchtime experience.

they need to get into matches at some point, otherwise they'll never become part of the first team, except when we are desperate.

No, stay as is, get a 3rd then take Emile off and bring a defender on and shut the shop down

We still need a defensive midfielder and a solid winger. Thankfully atm we're playing against Blackburn who are very poor, but this shouldn't paper over the cracks.

i agree with one of your posts :winkold:

Good, solid half from us. Petrov and Delph looking good in the middle. Delph strong in the tackle and precise with his short passing, Petrov with four adventurous forward passes inside the first 20 minutes, 3 of them hitting the target and 1 of them leading up to the 1-0 goal! :D

Heskey and Gabby also playing well.

Keep it up, Villa, looking very good so far.

the question is what AMC does now...

does he sit back in the second half & protect the 2-0.

or does he push on for a 3rd to kill the game, but leaves more chance of conceding?

whats his usual tactics when he's winning?

Can the Mcleish apologists stop trying to score points please and watch the match. We've done ok but minimum requirement vs a Blackburn team who aren't just shiit they are not even trying.
God, you must be praying for a Blackburn goal.

Can the Mcleish apologists stop trying to score points please and watch the match. We've done ok but minimum requirement vs a Blackburn team who aren't just shiit they are not even trying.

Can only beat what's put infront of you. Done well so far, certainly better than ok in my book. And I'm no McLeish apologist, just your regular realist.

When people going mental claiming rubbish team selection and negative tactics BEFORE the first home match, those who said "wait now, let's see how we play first" should be allowed to point out the flaws in the views posted.