Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

After a "solid" away performance to open the season at Fulham yesterday, we see yet another visit of Blackburn Rovers to VP. I think we will be more open and more attacking than yesterday as AM really needs to win his first home game in charge to help win disgruntled fans over. Also taking their VP bows are Given and N'Zogbia, the former was fantastic yesterday and the latter showed signs of promise but needs time to adjust to the other lads style of play, the lad obviously has ability though and his set-piece delivery and crossing will provide many goal-scoring chances this season. Blackburn looked poor in their home loss to Wolves yesterday so we should be coming away from this one with all three points.

Back 5

Makoun

Ireland Delph

N'Zogbia Bent Albrighton

is what I'd like to see. Although possibly a bit too much change, but I think to play certain players, then other players are needed in different formation.

Or

Zog Petrov Delph/Makoun Albrighton

Heskey/Gabby Bent.

Either would be ok. Think Albrighton should definitely play, especially left midfield where he caused them all sorts problems last time.

2-0 Villa.

I'd like to see Big Eck go attacking here; Petrov and Delph proved they could handle Blackburn no problem in the Asia Cup but we must play two up front.

Given

Young

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

N'Zogbia

Petrov

Delph

Albrighton

Agbonlahor

Bent

-------------------------Given------------------------------

Young---------Dunne------------Collins---------Warnock

----------------Makoun-----------Petrov------------------

----------------------------Delph-------------------------

N'Zogbia------------------------------------------Gabby

----------------------------Bent----------------------------

Thoughts on what the attendance might be? There aren't many red blocks (sold out - I think there's 2) on the select-a-seat at all, but I can't really remember if it was always like that last season as it only came in toward the end.

Thoughts on what the attendance might be? There aren't many red blocks (sold out - I think there's 2) on the select-a-seat at all, but I can't really remember if it was always like that last season as it only came in toward the end.

I think there's about 7,000 tickets left at present.

Anyone know if Samba and/or Nelsen are likely to be out for this one as they missed the Wolves game on Saturday? Would be much better for us if they are out.

Samba and Givet are supposedly back but I think Nelsen is still out. Think we would have walked it with last week’s defence.

With that in mind, I think Heskey will play and wouldn’t be surprised to see the same team after Mcleish praised both him and Gabby. Although I would prefer to see either Ireland or Albrighton in for Gabby.