Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Great first half, nice to see McLeish proving me wrong.. however I am still concerned about the lack of service to Bent which is still very evident.

Maybe teams know Bent is our main goalscorer and the manager is using that to open up space for our other forwards. That would be silly though because that would mean Gabby and Heskey would have to score.

Great first half, nice to see McLeish proving me wrong.. however I am still concerned about the lack of service to Bent which is still very evident.

yes that is a worry, especially when we play stronger teams.

I agree that Delph looks good again as he did against Fulham. Strong, good passing, skillful and ability to beat a player. Would maybe give him a rest later though to keep him fresh.

Yes Blackburn are an average team but N'Zonzi is decent and Dunn as much as we dislike him is a very experienced player.

Would like Hoilett in our team.

Was thinking that. Certainly a prospect. Had the beating of Young in the early stages.

Blackburn are God Awful.

Villa playing some nice stuff. Would like to see Bannan and Ireland given a chance behind Bent to see if we can really open up teams.

Im still not sure about Heskey apart from his goal...Would prefer Bannan, Albrighton etc.

would anyone make any changes at half-time, say bring on one of the kids for gametime, now that we are winning 2-0.

or just leave the team seeing that they are doing so well.

i think i would leave it for now, but at 60mins, if its still 2-0, bring on a kid for some matchtime experience.

they need to get into matches at some point, otherwise they'll never become part of the first team, except when we are desperate.

Bent have a habit of being close to invisible and then popping and tap in a stray ball. No worries for this game at least. Hopefully the lads will keep their sharpness. Blackburn will come out fighting and one goal is all they need to put the pressure on. UTV!

We still need a defensive midfielder and a solid winger. Thankfully atm we're playing against Blackburn who are very poor, but this shouldn't paper over the cracks.

Yeah I know, it would be great if we were losing heavily just to prove you right. :?