Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are really clutching at straws

Like claiming petrov was poor and the weak link the season both the fans and players voted him the best player that season? :lol:

Your ability to discuss and debate continues to astound. :shock:

I wasn't impressed with Petrov that season and clearly many were - doesn't make me wrong, just puts me in the minority on a subjective matter. I have set out my reasons why I see it that way. Maybe you should try the same?? Being in the majority doesn't make you automatically right - see Hitler and WWII if you need a reference point.

But you keep living in the past and repeating the same two lines.

Like I said it's pointless debating with you. You ignore any actual evidence, any statistics and any facts. You're whole argument is based soley on your view of the player whenever you see him play.

And being in the majority might not always make you right but in this case it certainly gives my argument some credibility that yours has always lacked.

I think Stan is nothing better than ok. I'd love to see someone signed who has more energy, tackled better and can shoot. It'll probably cost us more money than we have though. Petrov has started the season well in all fairness but I just don't rate him highly enough.

He needs to keep away from taking corners! Plus, it's all well and good him getting forward more but he hasn't got a clue what to do with it once he's found himself in a decent position. He could have played Bent through a couple of times today, he also could have played Gabby & N'Zogbia down the wing a few times aswell but instead he either tried a weak shot or played a negative pass. He does my head in! He played better than Delph though!

Petrov is finished as he is not the player he was.

i nealy agree with you there.

i actually think he is still the player he has always been for us. by that i mean that he is a 6.5/10 premier league standard player. he was an ok signing when he came, but was never really good enough to be a regular in a top 5 or 6 team - and certainly would never have got in the side at any of the prem teams that have qualified for the champs league in the last 5 years.

he is a lucky player as mon took to him and because of that he has played a lot of football in the prem and has continued to play at that level pretty much by default due to the circumstances at the club. in his favour i will add that he has always given 100% effort for the club and never been less than totally professional in his time here. for that he deserves respect even if his playing ability probably doesnt justify the amount of games he has ended up playing for us.

… but was never really good enough to be a regular in a top 5 or 6 team -

The facts state otherwise. He was not only a regular but captain of a side that consistently finished top 6 three years running and in that period won fans and players Player of the Year awards

… but was never really good enough to be a regular in a top 5 or 6 team -

The facts state otherwise. He was not only a regular but captain of a side that consistently finished top 6 three years running and in that period won fans and players Player of the Year awards

i meant to imply that he wouldnt have got into the side at ANOTHER top 5 or 6 team - in my opinion. he was only in ours because he was a mon favourite - although i admit, he did have one good season.

he is an honest hard working player who deserves respect - but he's just like gavin mccan before him, sixth place is his career high point - not the bare minimum for what his talent deserves.

Â