Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Way too much expectation on this lad already

He's still physically maturing and learning his trade. He has talent but reserve games and bit part appearances will not improve him.

Personally think he could do with a loan to the Championship for a season and get regular games.

Then on his return, we'll see if he'll be any good.

He's still physically maturing and learning his trade. He has talent but reserve games and bit part appearances will not improve him.

Personally think he could do with a loan to the Championship for a season and get regular games.

Sensible, I agree.

I have no expectation of him, or any other player who is clearly not good enough.

I have no expectation of him, or any other player who is clearly not good enough.

yawn.....

yawn.....

Mature response.

Do you think hes shown anything to suggest his good enough? At least Bannan, Herd, Weimann, Clark bring something to the table. A goal, a bit of bite, or a decent pass for a goal. (In some cases all three).

Ive never seen Gary Gardner do anything.

Ironically - the four mentioned above probably wont be good enough to be top half premiership players.

was gonna post the same thing...

i'd like somebody to tell me what his good attributes are....

genuine question coz i can't think of any...

and im not just being a knee jerk arsehole i promise :)

yawn.....

Mature response.

Do you think hes shown anything to suggest his good enough? At least Bannan, Herd, Weimann, Clark bring something to the table. A goal, a bit of bite, or a decent pass for a goal. (In some cases all three).

Ironically - the four mentioned above probably wont be good enough to be top half premiership players.

Bannan, Herd, Weimman, Clark are all older and have had the virtue (barring Clark) of going out on loan before playing in the first team proper.

I could understand you're point if it were Delfouneso, as he's been around longer, had chances and loans but still hasn't made the grade.

As I said in the original post, he is still young and is excellent for the reserves but that's not going to improve him now.

yawn.....

Mature response.

Bannan, Herd, Weimman, Clark are all older and have had the virtue (barring Clark) of going out on loan before playing in the first team proper.

I could understand you're point if it were Delfouneso, as he's been around longer, had chances and loans but still hasn't made the grade.

As I said in the original post, he is still young and is excellent for the reserves but that's not going to improve him now.

Gary Gardners been out on loan. Coventry. Scored on his debut I think.

Its because of Delfouneso and the majority of other young players we hype up and then who prove not good enough that I have that opinion.

And what has age got to do with it? Hes hardly decades behind them. If hes going to be anything to write home about, wed know by now.

agree, we over hype our kids.

the quality just isn't there....admittedly young up and coming players do blow hot & cold, but when they blow hot they have to show something tangible and effect a game they have to impose themselves and not just drift in and out.

sorry, but thats what is required, anything less is just no good.

I've not seen anything from Gardner to suggest he will be anywhere near as good as his brother, let alone our Steven Gerrard. Shame as with all the hype about him I was pretty hopefull but he wont be the last youngster to come through our ranks and not live up to the hype.

He needs to go out on loan.

We need to get another midfielder in.

I think he is a good player but needs games every week and a full season will do him good, he won't get it here I feel so loan option would be best for him.. it will also help free up another midfielder coming in.

Â