Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

as Clark is just to poor in the air.

Is he really?

No, he really isnt.

I think he is, watch him next time he plays, to be fair, Collins is pretty shocking in the air anyway as his positioning is so poor, I just feel Clark is a bit weak at the moment and get's beaten to much.

Hence I would bring Cueller in before Clark as we conceed so many of set pieces and I feel that's Clark's one weakness.

From next season on I expect him to be wearing the number 4 shirt and is a regular in our side.

not a chance in hell

SGC, I suspect that a lot of your comments are tongue in cheek but I'm surprised that you think so little of GG. I've watched him a fair number of times over the past three seasons and I'd expect him to do very well in the Premiership.

Here's what happens. When SGC watches a player, he makes his mind up within the first 5 seconds of seeing that player.

If SGC ever swatches you play football, just do some fancy skill and have a shot the first time you get the ball and he'll rate you as a legend for the rest of his life.

In all probability, GG probably lost the ball with his first touch, and that was it for SGC. GG could have scored 57 goals in the next 10 minutes but SGC won't budge from that first opinion.

I thought he made his judgements based on the warm up? :winkold:

Delfouneso hasn't really been given a decent run in the side though has he? He has also been held back by the signing of Bent and the way our present manager sets us up. You remember why Cahil left? Just hope we don't do the same thing with Gardner as i have seen him play and at the moment he is times better than say Herd who is limited in ability or Ireland, or Delph, or friggen Heskey!

Has Delfouneso ever justified a run in the team?

I'm sure Delfouneso is and will be a decent player, but he's never going to live up to the expectation that fans put on him, and therefore will be seen as a disappointment, even if he's perfectly decent.

I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to gardner

Fair point but we're never going to know how good the Fonz is or will be based on a few minutes here and there. Furthermore with our present manager and the way he likes to play football i can't see a time in AMs tenure that we will play in a way that will suit Delfouneso's abilities, i.e ball to feet rather than hoof! Gardner however is more robust in his abilities and thats why i'm surprised on present form of our first team midfielders that AM has farmed Gardner out on loan rather than blood him in the first team now!

I would say McLiesh was talking sense if our midfield wasn't so rubbish at the moment. As it is rubbish, he is chatting bare booboo.

Alex McLeish is eager for Gary Gardner to go out and impress at Coventry - but stressed he's not quite ready to star for Villa yet.

Gardner this week moved to the Sky Blues on loan for a month and could be involved against Brighton this afternoon.

McLeish believes the move will be good for the all-action midfielder as he continues his footballing education.

But he sounded a note of warning about Gardner's immediate Villa aspirations.

He said: "The one thing Gary's hardly had over the last two seasons is football and that's what he needs most. He's been excelling for the young guys in the NextGen games. Against Ajax the other night he hit a hat-trick, which is fantastic, but he needs to play more games.

"I could have him hanging about the squad, maybe on the fringes and getting on for five or ten minutes. But we feel he needs some more experience.

"He's been through a lot over the last few years. He's had a traumatic injury with his cruciate. He's not played a lot of games but the boy's certainly got a lot of talent.

"We, along with guys like Kevin MacDonald and Gordon Cowans who know him inside out, know that this is the right time for him to go out.

"Despite his hat-trick the other night, he's not quite ready for the first team yet."

Despite not being ready just yet, McLeish sees a bright future for Gardner.

He added: "He's very grounded, definitely grounded. He trusts what we're doing for his career.

"He's slightly different from Craig. He has some great qualities as does Craig but in different ways. Gary will take the ball and pass it, he's more of a playmaker. Craig is looking to support the front men and get shots away."

Official Site: Loan Deal a Good Move For Gardner

Â