Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Must be the most overated academy player to come out of our club.

I'm not counting Ethan Moore

I don't know how you can call him overated when injuries have robbed us of the chance to ever see him at his best.

but by all means slag the lad off after two cruciates.

two cruciates at really important moments in his career when he was making good progress towards the first team and u21 england team.

• 3 weeks later...

Played 90 minutes in a 3-2 away loss to Brentford. it's all about getting the minutes. Good to see if we kept in despite them being behind, clearly the manager rates him and his fitness is coming along.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?308962-***player-ratings***-brentford

Nice. Cheers for the update.

Played 90 minutes in a 3-2 away loss to Brentford. it's all about getting the minutes. Good to see if we kept in despite them being behind, clearly the manager rates him and his fitness is coming along.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?308962-***player-ratings***-brentford&s=bacd11a9ef7cee2d890724134ed60b8b

I see Bennett is getting slated again by the Brighton fans, he was at fault for the 2 goals they conceded in their last game also.  Gardner performances will hopefully improve as his fitness improves.

What they seem to be criticizing Gardner for is a lack of work rate. Tbf in his limited Villa appearances that would be my problem with him as well. Clearly has a decent shot/pass on him at times, but most matches seem to pass him by. 

Edited by LockStockVilla

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently had a very good game for Brighton tonight

Bennett did well lso apparently, looking through twitter and a couple of people saying Gardner ran the show

Yeah, having viewed the match report he did very well. In fact, looking at the succession of fixtures Brighton have just had in such a short space of time, I'm not surprised he hasn't started every game coming back to full fitness like he is now - making the post above yours look like an even larger pile of manure.

If  he can stay injury free and keep his form up the class he has should shine through, just needs playing time. I think Delph will walk, I would love to see Gary take his place in the team. UTV

Â