Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

He just needs games really, hopefully he'll do o.k at Wednesday who are in decent form now....under Stuart Gray and he'll come back and get some sub appearances before the season is out.

I'd give him a one year deal. He lost a a year of his career to injury which has held him back so think he'll be kept on.

GG is a good player who has had two really bad injuries no one know if he will be able to make it at Villa until he is given an extended run in the team. Given how Lambert has us a whole 4 points off relegation (again) it's difficult to see him having the balls to give him the go he needs before his contract expires.

If he goes then I for one will be left thinking what could have been, I wish GG every success for the future even if that future isn't at VP.

Everyone thought Albrighton was done for but all he really needed was some match fitness and a kick up the bum. GG now has a chance to show Lambert what he might have to offer.

• Like 1

Astonishing that  that any villa fan can conclude gardner is "turd" really, nobody has seen enough of him at a decent level to say hes turd or amazing.

Well, you've taken the word 'turd' a bit literally. It was a word used to emphasise that most of our youngsters don't turn out to be anywhere near good enough. Even the ones in the team today. Just because they are in the team doesn't class as good enough to me. Baker, Clark, Albrighton and even Andi Weimann (who I am a huge fan of), just simply are not good enough.

Even Gabby, probably our most successful academy player - being brutally honest - at this level, he just simply isnt good enough (most of the time). The shouts for an England call up were an absolute joke imo, as are any of the players that have been tipped this season or last.

Back to Gardner, perhaps the fact that we haven't seen enough of him at a decent level speaks volumes and perhaps is the reason why people think he is not good enough. Yeah he has had injuries and they can take time to recover but its wearing a bit thin tbh. People might use Delph as an example. He has come back from injuries but is he really that good? Moments of genuine quality but the vast majority of the time he is the best of an utterly woeful bunch whilst doing 'cruyff' turns all over the pitch. He really isn't that great either.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

Looking at the video of Gary training with Sheffield W, he looks to be a lot bigger. He's always had strong leg muscles, but as a result of enforced gym time his upper body looks considerably more powerful. I think he will need a number of games to trim himself down to a "90 minute" weight.

Looking at the video of Gary training with Sheffield W, he looks to be a lot bigger. He's always had strong leg muscles, but as a result of enforced gym time his upper body looks considerably more powerful. I think he will need a number of games to trim himself down to a "90 minute" weight.

I bet you're thinking about what he'd look like without shorts. You're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face. Ya dirty fecker

• Like 2

Â