Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

That 2nd injury in August 2012 did for him really, he would've got plenty of games last season given how rubbish our midfield was and we could've properly judged his potential as a player.

Can't see him being here next season.

• Like 1

That 2nd injury in August 2012 did for him really, he would've got plenty of games last season given how rubbish our midfield was and we could've properly judged his potential as a player.

Looks like he might be another one who does not fulfil his potential. 

Which begs the question, is the problem with the academy player not being good enough or the way the academy players are integrated into the first team not being good enough?

• Like 1

Which begs the question, is the problem with the academy player not being good enough or the way the academy players are integrated into the first team not being good enough?

With Gardner, maybe it's the fact that he had a thousand injuries.

It's a number of things really and I think you should factor in fan bias and expectation too -

Gardner is not the only young player that has been over-hyped prior to being anywhere near the first team and when they inevitably don't make it those fans refuse to believe that the player might not actually be good enough ('but he is on FM and FIFA' et al) so blame the set up.

Is GG injured again? left out of the sheff w squad for a couple of games now.

He was sent back to us I believe. Don't think he's injured, they just dont appear to have thought he was good enough

He was only on a month loan which ended this week.

Of course it was, somehow I forgot and assumed it was the rest of the season. At least he got some game time, would be great if he could get a little look in in the Villa side, especially now we're virtually safe. 

Of course it was, somehow I forgot and assumed it was the rest of the season. At least he got some game time, would be great if he could get a little look in in the Villa side, especially now we're virtually safe. 

I'd wait till we're totally safe and then start him a couple of times if we have that luxury, at least get him some time on the pitch if we get comfortable in a game with him on the bench is an idea too. We should definitely give him a contract extension anyway, it took Delph a long time to recover from similar injuries.

I'd wait till we're totally safe and then start him a couple of times if we have that luxury, at least get him some time on the pitch if we get comfortable in a game with him on the bench is an idea too. We should definitely give him a contract extension anyway, it took Delph a long time to recover from similar injuries.

Yeah I'd like to see him offered an extension. I assume his wages are at a pretty reasonable level and would like to see how he recovers now. 

• Like 1

What we need to remember is in 11/12 when Gardner was starting to break through he went to Coventry and did well (scored 8 minutes into his debut) and was also playing well for England under 21s. He was hit and miss in his appearences for us that season but that was under McLeish of course.

The injury he got knackered him. To come back from two cruciate injuries at the top level is very difficult really.

Yeah without a doubt it is the injuries. Obviously he's had the two big ones but its the niggly ones on the way back which just keep drumming the nail in.

I still feel like he is worth a contract just to give him the time to see if he can get back some of his form. I dont believe for a second he is on any kind of serious wages.

I wonder if the bigger problem is that he is now a full place in squad rather than an U21 place. No idea if that is a reason or not. Anyone shed any light?

I really want him to make it here, as he's a local lad and went to school with a girl I liked, hope he gets a chance soon

Not really relevant, apologies to the other posters, this is a football forum

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I really want him to make it here, as he's a local lad and went to school with a girl I liked, hope he gets a chance soon

I didn't like her, I loved her with all my heart, there's one soulmate on this planet and I found her, the most naturally beautiful human I've ever met, she had me at hello, somebody please tell me where the **** she is!!!

In GGs flat, legs a kimbo, lying on piles of cash, getting an absolute portion. Sorry mate, time to move on.

Ouch =P

I didn't like her, I loved her with all my heart, there's one soulmate on this planet and I found her, the most naturally beautiful human I've ever met, she had me at hello, somebody please tell me where the **** she is!!!

In GGs flat, legs a kimbo, lying on piles of cash, getting an absolute portion. Sorry mate, time to move on.

Hahaha that was quality, made me laugh anyway

Â