Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

For those who have seen him play extensively, what does he bring to the table?

What makes him so good?

I've seen him play a number of times at under 19"s and reserve level. Gary is a more technically gifted version of his brother Craig. He's also bigger, a bit quicker and more controlled temperamentally. Like Craig he has a good shot on him (with both feet) and his shots tend to hit the target. He is good running with the ball, and he takes a mean free kick. He always wants the ball, and doesn't go missing in matches. I don't know how his injuries will have affected his abilities, but sending him out on loan will soon reveal whether he can get back to his best. If he can, we've got a good prospect.

Cheers, thanks.

Hopefully he does well on loan.

Edited by Kwan

Yeah, don't think he's getting that new contract.

I reckon he might get offered a deal but it will probably come down to wether or not he wants to stay here and try and make it in the first team or he might see it as a better move to maybe move to a championship team and start playing every week.  Hopefully it works out for him here.

I don't think we will see him in a Villa shirt again to be honest, shame really.

I agree tbh seems ages ago when he was mooted as the next Stevie g now he's 22 times not on his side to make a standout role going the same way all our potentials go moores,byfield etc

I don't think we will see him in a Villa shirt again to be honest, shame really.

I agree tbh seems ages ago when he was mooted as the next Stevie g now he's 22 times not on his side to make a standout role going the same way all our potentials go moores,byfield etc

He's 21 and has plenty of time on his side.

You fellas probably said the same about Delph.

I can only assume from the fact that he has been part of the first team squad, i.e. training, travelling and occasionally on the bench, that he is in Lamberts plans.

This loan is a good chance for him to get some game time and hopefully come back match fit.

Personally I think kept him around the squad to see how he had recovered from his injury and try to prevent him breaking down.  They must be satisfied and have subsequently sent him out on loan now they are confident that he is fit to gain some match fitness and sharpness.

Hopefully the loan works out for him like Albrighton and he can come back and have an impact in our run in.

Â