Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he's just not good enough?

Hyped up because he's a Villa youth product when in fact he's not made improvements which hasn't been helped by his injuries of course.

I really feel for the lad with the injuries he's suffered.

You only have to look at Fabien Delph to see how a nasty injury or 2 can stall your development when they happen at a young age.

I hope he gets another year contract extension, then maybe send him out on loan.

Hyped up because he's a Villa youth product when in fact he's not made improvements which hasn't been helped by his injuries of course.

To be fair his performances at youth level deserved the hype. Injuries haven't helped but delph is proof it doesn't mean the end.
Haha, was just using the Delph example as you posted. Beat me to it! Edited by Woody1000

To be fair his performances at youth level deserved the hype. Injuries haven't helped but delph is proof it doesn't mean the end.

Whilst Delph is certainly proof that he can still make it, Delph only had the one injury, GG has injured his ACL twice, unfortunately I don't think he'll make it as it's hard to over come one of those injuries, let alone two.

Whilst Delph is certainly proof that he can still make it, Delph only had the one injury, GG has injured his ACL twice, unfortunately I don't think he'll make it as it's hard to over come one of those injuries, let alone two.

Yeah he's had major issues. I'd just like him to get a chance. Especially when we've got a couple of very poor midfield players playing.

• Like 1

surely Lambert rates him if hes picked in squads and not sent out on loan? He is still young.. maybe Lambert is just being cautious with him especially since he just got back from long term injuries.

We should have more faith in the young players.

Cahill

Gardner

Ridgewell

Davis

L Moore

Could have saved us fortunes- Ireland, warnock, etc

Yet Cahill the only one that would really improve us right now in my opinion. And I'd say all of those players had plenty of first team opportunities. Every team gets it wrong now and then with the youngsters, but I'd say Villa have gotten it right more often than wrong.

all those players are better than what we have now by miles

I would say Davis and Cahill would walk into our team at the moment but I can't think of any other academy players we've sold that I would put near in our matchday 18

Â