Barclays Fantasy League: VillaTalk Championship 11/12

GarethRDR

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how Villa fans always max out the villa players available, usually at the cost of the team

In fairness, Villa players often represent good value. Apart from last year, they've often been some of the best performers and at decent prices. I suppose it helped FF players than O'Neill would pick the same side each week, even if it didn't always help the real team.

The sarcasm couldn't have been more obvious on both posts!

Anyway, I always thought it was best to play 4-3-3 as I thought midfielders unless geniune goal getters or big assists were fairly useless. In fact, it's weird. No midfielders really stick out anymore. 2 years ago, Gerrard/Lampard/Fabregas were the 3 players absolutely guarenteed points.

Now those 3 for different reasons don't pick up points quite as regularly, Young/Nani/Valencia aren't all going to play all the time. Talented players like Silva, Wilshere, Modric etc...great players but not players who get big points.

Even Tim Cahill was guarenteed points but don't think he scores as many now and is getting on slightly?

Went with more defenders/attackers, just think they are easier to get right.

Whilst i agree that the midfield options are alot harder now and more open i still think they can be really big point getters. Midfielders are always getting 'bonus' points and if you pick correctly will often be chipping in goals or assists which can generate a steady 7-12 points each week per midfielder. I rely on my midfield to be my 'safety net' points wise as i know i should be getting around 20 points of it each week, it's up to the strikers and defenders ( who come with a bit more risk) to really bring in the points.

Signed up

Best Prem team

Here is my team

Given

Ashley Cole, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines

Albrighton , Wilshere , N'Zogbia

Agbonlahor, Bent, Sturridge

Might put Makoun or Ireland in before the prem starts.

Agbonlahor?! :shock:

More to the point, unless my counting skills have deserted me how have you managed to put 4 villa players in the team, mine will only let me pick 3 from any one team :huh:

More to the point, unless my counting skills have deserted me how have you managed to put 4 villa players in the team, mine will only let me pick 3 from any one team :huh:

Given was a Man City player when I did my team

Love how Villa fans always max out the villa players available, usually at the cost of the team

Love how Villa fans always assume Villa fans max out Villa players available :P I currently have none, zero, nought, kaput :) There's better than the keeper and Bent is too dear. Albrighton is probably worth getting, but he's the dearest mid we have and I think I've spotted better value at his price.

Â