Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Bullshit. Staying on your feet makes it easy for a player to slide it under you. He played it almost perfectly and the ref got conned.

How does a player slide it under you if you are on your feet? Do you mean go through your legs? A keepers legs shouldn't be open enough for a football to fit through and they should be crouched down with their hands low. If the striker it good enough to beat you then fair play to him. Diving in knowing that you are going to hit the player regardless is poor goalkeeping. It just makes it easy for players to win penalites and for refs to send you off.

Suarez would not have failed to pick a spot had Guzan stayed up

Suarez was going away from goal. Carragher showed a clip on MNF of reina staying on his feet and closing down weimann in last years game that showed exactly what a keeper should do.

I sort of agree with Carragher but don't really blame Guzan. Vlaar let Suarez get the wrong side of him but it was a very good ball from Gerrard. Sometimes good play will get goals. What I hated was Neville's comments? He has become a real prick now Manure are shit!

Guzan said: "I asked (Suarez) - because I was pretty confident in myself I hadn't touched him - 'Did I touch you?' and he said 'I don't know'.

How on earth can you answer," I don't know"?

Something must have made you fall over-was it the wind????!!!!!!

Guzan said: "I asked (Suarez) - because I was pretty confident in myself I hadn't touched him - 'Did I touch you?' and he said 'I don't know'.

Well how come Guzan didn't know if he touched him? It all happens to fast sometimes and at that pace you can just can't tell!

I know as of November, Guzan had he most successful high claims of all GKs in Europe's top leagues with 37. That's quite alot for a GK who doesn't come for crosses.  ;)

Claimed the most "crosses" last season in the Premier League by over 30 odd.  Immense.

• Like 2

Ha ha ha

Well how come Guzan didn't know if he touched him? It all happens to fast sometimes and at that pace you can just can't tell!

Ha ha ha

Rubbish

• 2 weeks later...

You say not his best game, but I genuinely can't think of anything he did wrong?  At the end, he was calm and wasted the perfect amount of time, claimed a particularly dangerous cross... I just love him as our keeper to be honest.

You say not his best game, but I genuinely can't think of anything he did wrong? At the end, he was calm and wasted the perfect amount of time, claimed a particularly dangerous cross... I just love him as our keeper to be honest.

Yeah wasnt at fault for any of the goals. Did nothing wrong

You say not his best game, but I genuinely can't think of anything he did wrong? At the end, he was calm and wasted the perfect amount of time, claimed a particularly dangerous cross... I just love him as our keeper to be honest.

Yeah wasnt at fault for any of the goals. Did nothing wrong

But still not his best game.

The fact that this game is below his usual standards is truly amazing, because he did absolutely nothing wrong.

He was actually really quick off his line a couple times tonight, and that's usually the only criticism.

Also, and I'll keep saying this, these games continue to show that he's far better than Tim Howard.

A player than genuinely wants to play for Villa and watch us succeed. You can tell it's more than just a paycheck to Brad. Love to have him at the club and see him finally getting the respect and recognition he deserves. 

A player than genuinely wants to play for Villa and watch us succeed. You can tell it's more than just a paycheck to Brad. Love to have him at the club and see him finally getting the respect and recognition he deserves.

I can't believe a guy as competitive as him sat the bench for a couple years and didn't go insane. He must have been pulling his hair out wanting to play.

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 4

Â