What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I think it was @uselessthat posted a track from this in the song topic.

British Stereo Collective - Mystery Fields

Library Music for imaginary 70s TV channel. Electronic synth driven ambient tunes, I would imagine fans of the Ghost Box Label would enjoy this

Package contains a TV listings magazine for the imaginary programmes which is neatly done in the style of the Radio TImes of the era, there's even an advert for the album which states it's available from Woolworths :D

Nothing hugely original but very pleasant and nice for winding down before bed (which is exactly what I'm doing now)

R-21277735-1638990288-1621.jpeg.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 16:40, bickster said:

They've been going thirty years now, released their 9th album last year.

They've had a few hits along the way. Brimfull of Asha wasn't even the highest charting single off that album, Sleep on the left side was top 40, Ash wasn't

They also donated a tune to the Remainiacs podcast which was used as its theme tune

Just listened to Left side and can honestly say I’ve never heard that song before.

On 29/11/2016 at 14:27, Xann said:

On 17/07/2017 at 16:59, Xann said:

On 24/07/2018 at 23:27, Xann said:

On 13/11/2018 at 11:24, Xann said:

csr00hB.jpg?1

On 21/02/2020 at 15:03, Xann said:

GetAttachmentThumbnailx.jpg.0bef473b03bc185f5f1414d3a46306ed.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 23:22, bickster said:

Pepe Deluxé

Pepe-Deluxe-Phantom-Cabinet-Vol-1-1024x1

All of these are Pepe posts.

The core members are the musician Paul, a Swede living in New York, and the engineer and collector of sounds, Jari. He's Finnish and is based at their studio in Helsinki.

Jari's got a network of friends around the World: musicians, historians, technicians and scientists. This research group is maintained through enthusiasm and not deep pockets. Pleased to say he's my friend too. We met up 5 years ago, and I've been helping him out since.

'Phantom Cabinet' is mental. The CD has a couple of surprises. It's closer to the VERY elastic master for one, and then there's the extras. At 7.30 on the final track 'Tyger Boy, Rocket Boy' it goes dark. Like David Lynch, Survival Horror, The Caretaker dark. Then there's unlisted track 11 which is Faust level madness.

Had wondered how they were going to follow 'Queen Of The Wave' without repeating themselves or just adding steroids.

Feckin Hell, this is how 😮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

German pressing with original poster 

22D3A4B2-6748-43C7-BA2F-A6B31F90108E.jpeg

I think mine is a German press too, with poster.

I've got a green vinyl version as well Dutch press.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I think mine is a German press too, with poster.

I've got a green vinyl version as well Dutch press.

Only 2 copies of an album maximum if the name begins with a letter higher than B?

There are very few albums I have more than one copy of. Playing with a Different Sex by the Au Pairs is one. I bought a new copy because one of the tracks on the original has a bit of a scratch but then I found they did't include the closed groove at the end of It's Obvious on the repress and I'm very attached to the original anyway as it's more than just a record to me. It represents something more significant than music, it's an artifact in my history if you like

I'd much rather have 2 different albums than 2 the same

I have a large number of duplicate Billy Bragg albums, Pixies albums and John Lennon albums. Not more than one duplicate as that's bonkers and I would happily tell a beach boys fan that to his face. 

An alarming duplicate that me and my wife own is Shall we take a trip by Northside. Neither me or my wife likes it at all, neither me or my wife recall buying it, we own 2 copies. 

• Shocked 1

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Only 2 copies of an album maximum if the name begins with a letter higher than B?

There are very few albums I have more than one copy of. Playing with a Different Sex by the Au Pairs is one. I bought a new copy because one of the tracks on the original has a bit of a scratch but then I found they did't include the closed groove at the end of It's Obvious on the repress and I'm very attached to the original anyway as it's more than just a record to me. It represents something more significant than music, it's an artifact in my history if you like

I'd much rather have 2 different albums than 2 the same

If they're slightly different, and interesting, and I like 'em, and they are reasonably priced....I'm in ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

German pressing with original poster 

22D3A4B2-6748-43C7-BA2F-A6B31F90108E.jpeg

I think you’ve just prompted the direction of this evenings listening…

I love this album, really special good memories of long balmy summer evenings with my missus, back when she was my gf.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think you’ve just prompted the direction of this evenings listening…

I love this album, really special good memories of long balmy summer evenings with my missus, back when she was my gf.

Makes a change, you normally trash my music 😉

On a serious note , I’m glad it evoked happy memories 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 21:08, chrisp65 said:

Possibly the best slide guitar ambient noise looped electronics jazz and bird song mash up in my collection

A double 10 inch too, as they say.

Hand silk screen printed cover by Pete Fowler, no less.

spacer.png

Lovely cover 

• Like 1

Â