What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 13/03/2021 at 11:07, bickster said:

Posted in the wrong topic :mrgreen:

With the amount I had drank, I'm just glad I got it in the right website.

• Haha 4

So, a variation on the filing systems discussion we have every so often here.

It’s my father’s birthday coming up and I’ve been a bit stumped as to what to get him. He’s asked for a CD but didn’t really know what he wanted, been in the house for 12 months and doesn’t really do social media so no knowledge of what’s out there. So he just wanted ‘something’.

I had a recollection that a year or so ago, there was an album came out that I thought he’d like. But for the life of me, I couldn’t remember the name of the artist, other than I did remember it wasn’t somebody spectacularly well known. It wasn’t John Prine or The Eagles, Leadbelly, or John lee Hooker. But it was that sort of approximate sort of sound in a very loose way. More country than blues.

What I could remember, was that it was a CD with a red border, a road, and a picture of an old black guy in a suit holding flowers.

Armed with this excellent info., I phoned my usual supplier and described everything about that CD, other than the name and title... and she worked it out in under 10 minutes.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, a variation on the filing systems discussion we have every so often here.

It’s my father’s birthday coming up and I’ve been a bit stumped as to what to get him. He’s asked for a CD but didn’t really know what he wanted, been in the house for 12 months and doesn’t really do social media so no knowledge of what’s out there. So he just wanted ‘something’.

I had a recollection that a year or so ago, there was an album came out that I thought he’d like. But for the life of me, I couldn’t remember the name of the artist, other than I did remember it wasn’t somebody spectacularly well known. It wasn’t John Prine or The Eagles, Leadbelly, or John lee Hooker. But it was that sort of approximate sort of sound in a very loose way. More country than blues.

What I could remember, was that it was a CD with a red border, a road, and a picture of an old black guy in a suit holding flowers.

Armed with this excellent info., I phoned my usual supplier and described everything about that CD, other than the name and title... and she worked it out in under 10 minutes.  

She is better than me. Who was it?

Gnoomes - Mui

Just looked it Up on Discogs, some prat has described this as Dream Pop and Shoegaze (as well as Psychedelic Rock), it is most definitely neither of those. It's in the territory of Psych meets Synthwave

Am I in the mood for a Discogs fight? Probably not but I might replace the Images as this one is artwork not an actual Album Cover

R-13677245-1558824815-8618.png.jpg

Carching up on 2020 black n dm and this album is kicking my ass atm! Brooklyn shredders with a healthy dose of Gorguts n kvlt!

Think they've surpessed themselves on this one and that is impressive with their backlog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/03/2021 at 13:18, bickster said:

Gnoomes - Mui

Just looked it Up on Discogs, some prat has described this as Dream Pop and Shoegaze (as well as Psychedelic Rock), it is most definitely neither of those. It's in the territory of Psych meets Synthwave

Am I in the mood for a Discogs fight? Probably not but I might replace the Images as this one is artwork not an actual Album Cover

R-13677245-1558824815-8618.png.jpg

It's ace whatever you want to describe it as. Might just be me, but 99% of stuff labelled as psych is really, really dull, and this is definitely not boring.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Risso said:

It's ace whatever you want to describe it as. Might just be me, but 99% of stuff labelled as psych is really, really dull, and this is definitely not boring.

Well I agree in as far as the term psych is vastly overused to the point of being meaningless, it gets used to describe anything from folk through electronica to prog and out of the arse of heavy metal

I also agree that its a great album

• Like 1

Spacey and bassy vibes before bedtime

Bill Laswell and Jah Wobble - Radio Axiom - A Dub Transmission from 2001. A CD, never released on vinyl. Some nutter paid £25 for this last November, though it usually sells for about £8 - £10 which for a bog standard CD is still pretty high. (I paid £10.99 aparently)

R-135120-1536736879-8459.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â