What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Talking Heads - Fear of Music

Below isn't the proper cover for my release but Discogs thinks it is, time for yet another debate.... (proper cover is plain black no alluminium sheeting effect)

But my flabber was rather ghasted when I looked it up on Discogs as I've sort of assumed most of my CDs are only going to add £2 or £3 each to the value of the collection but not this one. It regularly sells for in excess of £35 which is a whopping price for a CD

It's a 2006 rerelease with the original album and bonus tracks on the CD and a DVD containing the original album in Dolby 5.1 plus a couple of other videos.

I have at least 4 of these 2006 TH rereleases

R-958600-1307685552.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

my flabber was rather ghasted when I looked it up on Discogs as I've sort of assumed most of my CDs are only going to add £2 or £3 each to the value of the collection but not this one. It regularly sells for in excess of £35 which is a whopping price for a CD

Holy cow. I’m just off to check my extensive TH collection I think. Mostly original issues, maybe a couple of replacements for lost/broken versions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I looked it up on Discogs

Just tried to do that. Apart from the app crashing repeatedly, when I got it to work it’s no help

The various versions, many have the same catalog no. Can’t tell ‘em apartEF2FA743-D72C-4C1E-8388-CE644E4C5E53.jpeg

cant be arsed trying the other 14 TH albums I’ve got

Just now, blandy said:

The various versions, many have the same catalog no. Can’t tell ‘em apart

Download the Discogs app and use the barcode scanner in the right hand side of the search bar at the top

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Download the Discogs app and use the barcode scanner in the right hand side of the search bar at the top

I used the app. It’s of no helpD123AFD6-3EC2-4E9C-A374-DB7D437FE8BC.png

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I used the app. It’s of no help

Yep, thats an issue when they give different releases the same catalogue number, you then have to look up each one and find out why it's different to the others. A bit of detectering needed.

I just did it with my More Songs about Buildings and Food CD/DVD and it found it straight away, so I guess these versions with the DVD have a unique barcode

On the website you can group them by country so you only need to check the Uk & EUrope ones then

1 minute ago, bickster said:

you then have to look up each one and find out why it's different to the others. A bit of detectering needed.

Yeah. I did that, but it doesn’t resolve anything really, other than it’s somewhere between a few quid and a few more. I did update the app and it’s stopped crashing, so that’s nice

Just now, blandy said:

Yeah. I did that, but it doesn’t resolve anything really, other than it’s somewhere between a few quid and a few more. I did update the app and it’s stopped crashing, so that’s nice

I think the crashing was because the server was down before

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thinking about making lunch, drinking a coffee and in the mood for this for some reason, no idea why

Last album of the golden period for me

R-4112779-1355767499-5578.jpeg.jpg

Yeah, I’d always said I didn’t like the Rolling Stones, but then I’d have been seeing the ‘later’ stuff through late 70’s and 80’s, and also hearing the early stuff from the mid 60’s which I didn’t much care for. But yes, there was a late 60’s early 70’s sweet spot where they sound a bit like a Primal Scream tribute act that’s really very good. 

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

But yes, there was a late 60’s early 70’s sweet spot where they sound a bit like a Primal Scream tribute act that’s really very good. 

Yes, let's call it their Primal Scream period 😂

But yes, that run of four albums from Beggars Banquet to Exile on Main Street is where it's at with the Stones for me. Either side of that the albums are OK and either side of that is a blues cabaret band and Meh!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Yes, let's call it their Primal Scream period 😂

But yes, that run of four albums from Beggars Banquet to Exile on Main Street is where it's at with the Stones for me. Either side of that the albums are OK and either side of that is a blues cabaret band and Meh!

I am with them all the way up to Tattoo You. I even have a couple of their last few albums. Tattoo You even as a compilation of sorts is possibly my favourite album by them. After that I couldn’t be arsed with them. 

Â