What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Remember the googlewhack? I've got a new one. The Discogsack. I am the only person on Discogs that owns this record. It's only a couple of years old, so you'd imagine some of the UK Record Stores would still have a few copies floating about if it didn't sell and if it did sell, then others would have it. for me it was just a speculative purchase, its just jazzy and a bit spacey intrumentals, its Ok nowt special. I know absolutely nothing about this band apart from they are from Bristol. Almost impossible to find them even mentioned on t'internet.

All a bit of a mystery

Alaias - Music for an Imaginary Surf Film

R-16038903-1602343273-2419.jpeg.jpg

On 06/03/2021 at 12:48, chrisp65 said:

300 Record Listening Project

Anybody else reckon they’ve managed to listen to 300 albums in a year?....

Did the rolling stones 500 about 3 or 4 years back, started the nme the next year but didn't finish it

In terms of the time spent yeah quite easily, in terms of 300 individual albums it's hard cos I tend to listen to a lot of stuff on repeat 

Out of those 500 albums I bought three of them, 2 early Elton John albums and Sam Cooke live at the harlem club, there's a lot of shite on that list and it can be one hell of a chore 

Another edit - as for that lockdown 300 vinyls thing, no I couldn't do that, haven't got the time, most of my music is walking to work or at work or whilst exercising, I'd have to do it when the wife wasn't there too so haven't got a chance 

Edited by villa4europe

Bit of country music. Ed Bruce’s self titled album. 

B7F89219-7B8B-4022-AF8F-9C2270D88DBC.jpeg

I bought this a while back but was without a record player. Its first outing tonight and its phenomenal. Not a recommendation as you won’t like it but my god, for me I will struggle to hear a better LP this year. Fantastic. 

Edited by Seat68

Psychedelic Furs eponymously titled debut

I have five Furs albums, I can't quite work out how I bought so many because they were never a first division outfit for me back then. I probably listen to them more now than I did then. Glad I still have them anyway

R-742874-1350342276-6042.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I am going through the vinyl I have purchased over the past 12 months. This one is an album I have listened to previously and enjoyed so made the leap and bought it from a seller in Germany. @chrisp65 and myself have discussed it here and on twitter in the past so not much new to add other than it was worth every penny. 
Next up is a triple set of my wifes, the Smiths half a person unofficial release. That will be a joy. 

F161C08B-B25E-4EF3-A377-64EF1287D6E5.jpeg

• Like 1

Yep, it’s back on the play list shelf in my house.

Slightly poppy and crackly as I picked mine up from a very basic second hand shop, but decent tunes. I always come away with Ladies Love Outlaws stuck as an ear worm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are you a recent convert to the weird and frightening world? Never seen you post The Fall before

It’s one of those ones that gets played a fair bit, but I always think i must have already posted it half a dozen times. Perhaps I haven’t!

I heard Mexico Wax Solvent years ago and had to have it. I’m a sucker for some basic drums and bass. But I think this is the only Fall album in the house, somewhere out in the garage I’ll have Imperial Wax Solvent as well.

Stay tuned, I’m on the oldies but goodies train tonight!

• Like 2

Can I just say that the New Nick Cave & Warren Ellis album is a f***ing materpiece. An absolute return to the finest form possible.

It was on my list (and will now be right at the top of that list when the shops reopen) but I decided to listen to it on Spotify tonight, it's just been on repeat

Mag-F***ing-nificent

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can I just say that the New Nick Cave & Warren Ellis album is a f***ing materpiece. An absolute return to the finest form possible.

It was on my list (and will now be right at the top of that list when the shops reopen) but I decided to listen to it on Spotify tonight, it's just been on repeat

Mag-F***ing-nificent

If you had to pick an album it was similar in tone to, could you nail one down?

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If you had to pick an album it was similar in tone to, could you nail one down?

I don't know that it is like anything else to be perfectly honest. There's bits similar to a lot of stuff. A bit of Boatman Calls here, a bit of the more minimal aspects of Ghosteeen there but it  also draws quite a bit on their cinematic scores too. But its decidely not the Bad Seeds or Grinderman, there isn't a guitar riff anywhere but there are choirs and even the piano is less upfront that usual

The track White Elephant is almost some sort of minimalist leftfield hip hop backing track at the start but no rapping, just a Cave in character monologue and then the really slow strings lines start surging after that comes a choral bit.... and so it goes on and gets more orchestral (with bells)

• Thanks 1

Â