What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

The last good album they made. As you say, an absolute classic. Some of the rhythm guitar work on it is absolutely astonishing.

Still prefer Reign In Blood

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, regular_john said:

This is an album I come back to every now and then. It's not one to play regularly but once a year or so, I whack it on loud and listen start to finish. It is a beautiful, ugly, caustic, stunning record. 10/10

I much prefer it to Nevermind

The Anti Group - The Delivery. 1985

I think I'd describe this as Experimental Electronic Industrial Jazz

Formed by Adi Newton from Clock DVA and part of that Sheffield Industrial Scene in the 80's, they are still apparently active and releasing records though I have no idea what they are like now

This is pretty out there! I think I play it more now that I ever did when I bought it.

R-185538-1489614328-7476.jpeg.jpg

Image result for kings of leon when you see yourself

really disappointed with it, after going nowhere and the bandit (their best song in years IMO) was looking forward to it but its a bit boring if im honest, couple of listen throughs and theres 3 songs at best that stand out, the rest just becomes background noise

a mate whos in a band and for a bit of fun records his stuff and tries to understand it all told me the editing and production of it is horrible but i havent got that ear beyond the 1st song straight in to it wishing caleb was louder, best instrument in that band is his voice

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

really disappointed with it, after going nowhere and the bandit (their best song in years IMO) was looking forward to it but its a bit boring if im honest, couple of listen throughs and theres 3 songs at best that stand out, the rest just becomes background noise

a mate whos in a band and for a bit of fun records his stuff and tries to understand it all told me the editing and production of it is horrible but i havent got that ear beyond the 1st song straight in to it wishing caleb was louder, best instrument in that band is his voice

After they got haircuts and shaved the beards, and looked like a boyband, their music seemed to go the same way.

After "Because Of The Times" I'd say.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

One of the most boring live bands I’ve witnessed. No stage presence or chatter - admittedly this was for the first album so they may have more confidence now. 

loved their first album but never really bothered following them after seeing them live. 

Yeah they just about got away with it on because of the times but then after that they're a track band rather than having a full consistently good album, there are some good tracks dotted about though to be fair

Sex on fire isn't one of them... Horrible karaoke song that 

They're near the top of my bands I need to see live list with the strokes, I've always been convinced that I'd never agree with the set list and be disappointed when the didn't play songs like King of the rodeo

Couple of lads at school went to the academy 3 gig in brum before the first album, 200 odd people there, few of us didn't want to go and turned it down

I believe from the airwaves that she has a nu album out shortly. It has prompted me to put on the quite lovely and beautiful last album on whilst the new one goes on the list of possible purchases

The eponymously titled debut album by Ex:Re (the solo project of Elena Tonra from Daughter)

R-13154653-1549605107-8731.jpeg.jpg

First album of the day, which considering its a day off, I've had to do a f***ton of work thanks to Merseyside Police, I need unwinding and this will do it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I believe from the airwaves that she has a nu album out shortly. It has prompted me to put on the quite lovely and beautiful last album on whilst the new one goes on the list of possible purchases

The eponymously titled debut album by Ex:Re (the solo project of Elena Tonra from Daughter)

R-13154653-1549605107-8731.jpeg.jpg

First album of the day, which considering its a day off, I've had to do a f***ton of work thanks to Merseyside Police, I need unwinding and this will do it

Oh yeah!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Concept album time. When In Rome, Kill Me by Cud. 

45F1DF0B-8EC7-4D0D-A5DE-77507F4A1FE9.jpeg

Absolutely adore that album. I was hugely into them around that time. Had a chat with Carl (the singer) and he told me the guy on the cover was their old manager. They just told him to look a little bit sketchy for the photo 😄

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

300 Record Listening Project

Nearly a year since the start of the first UK lockdown, I've listened to every LP I've ever bought - and found a diary of my life in the grooves. 

I'm sitting, typing. The rain spreads across the window in glossy veins. We can't go out, anyway, but the weather adds to the feeling of being stuck. So here I am inside, listening to music so familiar I can hear the next track as the first starts to fade. I flip over the record and reset the needle....

...I don't file my records from A to Z. Instead, they are in ...

Anybody else reckon they’ve managed to listen to 300 albums in a year?....

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Anybody else reckon they’ve managed to listen to 300 albums in a year?....

I've not remotely counted, but I may have done in the last year. If I WFH then I have music on all day. An album is what, say 50 minutes long. 8 or 9 hours is say 8 albums a day, 5 days a week - 40 a week. so in 10 weeks that would be 400, but of course I've listened to some many times over, but even so I reckon I'll have done 300 in the last year, even allowing for shuffle and so on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

I've not remotely counted, but I may have done in the last year. If I WFH then I have music on all day. An album is what, say 50 minutes long. 8 or 9 hours is say 8 albums a day, 5 days a week - 40 a week. so in 10 weeks that would be 400, but of course I've listened to some many times over, but even so I reckon I'll have done 300 in the last year, even allowing for shuffle and so on.

Yeah, my initial instinct was that it was quite an accomplishment, then I realised I probably listen to a few every day so without getting in to any serious thought I’d probably be double that. But with lots of replays for the usual hardcore half a dozen albums that get played the most.

I’ve got 2 days of driving, Monday and Tuesday, if you can count listening to whole albums end to end but sat in the car or a hotel room, I’ll get through about a dozen or so in 2 days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Anybody else reckon they’ve managed to listen to 300 albums in a year?..

Easily last year, I catalogued the lot, cleaned and played pretty much every album and that includes the CDs too

• Like 2

Â