What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

C’mon now, do yourself a World Cup of Jam songs. Nothing on that album gets in to the semi’s.

Maybe, Thick As Thieves or Saturday’s Kids if they had a lucky run through the quarters.

I have done the best Jam album thing many times, this is no talking shit off the top of my head like I’d usually engage in.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Eton RIfles

It’s a fine song, really good.

My personal taste, I’d prefer:

In The City - Away From The Numbers and/or Slow Down

The Gift - Precious and/or Ghosts 

All Mod Cons - Down In The Tube Station

Sound affects - Boy About Town and/or Scrape Away

Like I say, it doesn’t make the semi’s. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

From 1985, the brother's Head in their Pale Fountains incarnation, ...From Across The Kitchen Table

R-1252572-1203928286.jpeg.jpg

I obsessed over this album. Really did. Not sure if I ever replaced it following the great LP theft of 1988. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I obsessed over this album. Really did. Not sure if I ever replaced it following the great LP theft of 1988. 

If ever a band should have been bigger... Almost made it so many times as the Palies and as Shack.

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Clear vinyl is becoming a bit of a bugbear of mine if the centre labels don't state which is the A side

Mine does :)

I get ya though, most Lp's these days have the print SO small I can't see if it's side A or B without binoculars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Mine does :)

I get ya though, most Lp's these days have the print SO small I can't see if it's side A or B without binoculars

Yeah my go to is to hope theres an unequal amount of tracks on each side but that's a f***er with clear vinyl and some of mine don't even mention which side is which on the label

• Like 1

The Grid - One Way traffic

A 6 Track affair on the Moog Record Label. Yes that Moog!

The Grid (and all other artists in the series) were given 4 days access to the Touring Moog Studio (with vintage and modern Moog intruments)

What the Grid came up with is in the sort of Cabs, Chris & Cosey, Tangerine Dream ballpark - analogue soundscapes.

It's rather out there.

R-12098631-1528267637-4793.jpeg.jpg

The quite bonkers for 1978 GO+ by XTC

Given away as a free 12" with XTC's debut album Go2 (which I also have and how I have this)

Experimental Dub versions of 5 tracks on the full album

GIven the love for XTC from many quarters, this is rather unloved by the same people. They are wrong

R-190497-1162377109.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â