What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yes, been collecting for a few years.

The last one I bought was Mint at £65. Looks like Discogs has a Mint for £80.

I also have the Shore Leave bootleg and a couple of 45rpm of River Song and one of You And I/Friday Night.

By the way do you have any of the Carl and the Passions releases: Landlocked, California Feeling and Made in USA? Some alternate versions of Carry Me Home, San Miguel, River Song among others.

Finally have you heard about the Feel Flows boxset? Apparently all done and dusted but allegedly a certain Beach Boy doesn't want it released as it will highlight what a talentless t*** he is!?!

OK

Yes, I have all those bootlegs you mention. Except Landlocked. That one can wait til the price comes down. Also a UK River Song promo 45. And a UK stock copy of Sound Of Free. And two Holy Man 45's one sealed, the one with the Queen guys on it.

Yes the Feel Flows boxset is rumoured to be still getting a release at some point this year. I'll believe it when I see it...and I want a PHYSICAL release, not another digital bollocks!

If you PM me tomorrow I can send you a link to my Discogs collection. I haven't finished adding stuff yet but all the BB's/DW/BW stuff is on there.

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

OK

Yes, I have all those bootlegs you mention. Except Landlocked. That one can wait til the price comes down. Also a UK River Song promo 45. And a UK stock copy of Sound Of Free. And two Holy Man 45's one sealed, the one with the Queen guys on it.

Yes the Feel Flows boxset is rumoured to be still getting a release at some point this year. I'll believe it when I see it...and I want a PHYSICAL release, not another digital bollocks!

If you PM me tomorrow I can send you a link to my Discogs collection. I haven't finished adding stuff yet but all the BB's/DW/BW stuff is on there.

Landlocked was quite expensive, think I paid £80.

I don't have all my DW stuff on there either, some of it is in storage. Most of the collection is on there.

Will send you a message just now...cheers!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yes, I have all those bootlegs you mention. Except Landlocked. That one can wait til the price comes down. 

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Landlocked was quite expensive, think I paid £80.

Are we talking CD or vinyl here? I have Landlocked on CD. 

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Vinyl Mike.

I hardly ever buy CD's now, in fact it's been 12 years since the last one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Actually, seems like someone has Landlocked (Vinyl) on Discogs for £53.28 + £14.60 shipping from the U.S. Probably be an import charge on top of that so it would be over £80 all in.

Also it's only Very Good condition.

I got my copy Mint a few years ago for £80.

There are only two for sale on Discogs, the other is £120 in Mint condition. I have no idea how many were printed though not many i'd have thought? Only 62 Discogs users own a copy, t's quite rare!

@mjmooney If your CD is Mint condition will be worth about £25

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of weeks or so ago, I dropped and scratched, badly, my Smoke Fairies standard black vinyl LP from last year. Bugger!

Got an e-mither today - 20% discount on their shop. Sorted. Gold vinyl £16. The black one was more than thatScreen Shot 2021-02-01 at 18.01.31.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

A particular bugbear of mine, because I have to remove the platter to change the speed

Yeah a bit easier on mine with the slider, other than it’s not perfectly calibrated right now on this deck, so it sounds ‘right’ at about 42/43.

Gets a bit pinky n perky on 45.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not a bad album for someone in their 70’s.

I still haven’t got the latest album, I’ll catch up eventually. I’ll see these buggers live one day. One day.

I never bought that one either even though I like it and Yes still on my to see list too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I would really like to be educated a little regarding Sparks. I am a hits man. Not yet though. House move imminent. 

For me, plenty of their stuff is filler, but some of it, is just superb. They do their own thing, their own pop art thing and every now and again there’s one of those songs that anyone would be proud of if it was the only thing they every did. But having been going for 50 years, that occasional genius track, racks up as a lot of tracks.

• Like 2

Â