What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Record cleaner seeing a bit of action for the first time this year

The Cramps debut - Songs the Lord Taught Us. First European Pressing, in near mint condition (the record). Sleeve in a gondition that is way above what you would expect for the records age, minor ringwear and thats about it.

About £18 this sells for these days, this copy may fetch slightly more

Boy this takes me back a looooong way! 40 years old this year!

R-1711725-1563717114-3552.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Record cleaner seeing a bit of action for the first time this year

The Cramps debut - Songs the Lord Taught Us. First European Pressing, in near mint condition (the record). Sleeve in a gondition that is way above what you would expect for the records age, minor ringwear and thats about it.

About £18 this sells for these days, this copy may fetch slightly more

Boy this takes me back a looooong way! 40 years old this year!

R-1711725-1563717114-3552.jpeg.jpg

My wife's favourite band so been subjected to them a lot over the years. I think we are going to see a Cramps tribute act, Teenage Werewolves, at the Slade rooms in April. The Cramps are one of her bands that I will seek out myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

49473421377_c715e5327f.jpg

I had this and was part of albums that were stolen. I loved Fiesta of course, but there was a track on it, something like bottle of smoke (I could Mooney I know) which was a fantastic.

There is indeed a track called Bottle of Smoke.

The whole first side of this album is immense. When you’ve got a song as well known and played as Fairytale of New York and its not the first, second or third best track on the album, you’ve done a good job.

This was one of a batch recently rediscovered in my dad’s garage, so it’s mine, it’s about 32 years old I guess, and it hasn’t been played since I left 30 years ago.

• Like 2

Early Sunday vibes again

We kicked off with...

R-13392771-1572508289-3882.jpeg.jpg

Then moved on to Melbourne for some more modern Jazz

R-13899656-1563631140-3088.jpeg.jpg

And now we've gone all Neo-classical / Mdern Compositional with an Erased Tapes triple album compilation called 1 +1 = X

R-11894074-1524355578-1757.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

... makes me want to eat raw meat

Funny you should say that, Mort Garson made a Satanic album too.

The Wozard Of Iz album is mental.

The Zodiac is cool.

'

• Like 1

Pressure Sounds 105

I don’t have an actual inventory, but Pressure Sounds has to be the most numerous label in my little collection.

49497986651_67efaa773d.jpg

Re released in 2020, so it’s my first contender for the ‘best of’ list in 11 months time.

• Like 1

The wind is absolutely throwing rain horizontally at my window. So for some reason I've gone with something 80's and electronic

Cabaret Voltaire - Micro-Phonies. Original pressing not a recent re-release. Definitely an under-rated influence on much of today's electronic music

R-53058-1578451791-6226.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â