What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

just found a bag of randoms whilst having a tidy up sort through the attic

32387983777_dac347327d_z.jpg

Shame about the Farm :mrgreen: I once told Peter Hooton, he had the worst voice to ever reach number one, he was my passenger at the time

Not my fault he asked me the question, though I did rather set it up

Tbh I have a lot of time for Carl and Keith, never took to Hooton though

I have Farm records somewhere too

Yeah, quite telling it wasn't on my 'missing in action' list, I think it'll go straight to garage storage.

I was half way through the Kid Creole & The Coconuts album and something's gone phutt and the turntable's gone mono. Bloody thing's only 51 years old, I might take it back. Hopefully just something like a cable has dropped out.

• Sad 1

The attic tidy up continues. Not an album, but that's how I roll.

Specials was bought in a NAAFI in Germany and the girl on the till thought I was sooooo cooool.

The yellow flexi disc, if that was green, £30, but it's yellow, £1.50

I think I had the most complete set of Jam singles in my little gang. Particularly proud of the Live EP that I liberated from a 'best of' album that I refused to buy. But still got hold of the EP that was inside it.

D1UHUlGXgAAhQd7.jpg

The 80's were almost worth it just for the Beat Surrender EP.  A band far greater than the sum of its parts. They all just went off and either became tribute acts of themselves or went on a 30 year voyage of self discovery up their own colon.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They all just went off and either became tribute acts of themselves or went on a 30 year voyage of self discovery up their own colon.

Or even tribute bands of other bands in the case of Foxton being in SLF

• Like 1

Another that should need absolutely no introduction

I must have bought this second hand a long time ago, Handwritten £2 sticker on a protective outer plastic sleeve (I never bought these) is the giveaway. Worth £10-£15 now, sound investment. :mrgreen:

R-381999-1216138802.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

Thought of trying something new and though it'd be nice to see what Blandy was listening to. Tried this:

220px-Talk_Talk_-_The_Colour_of_Spring.j

So far I've heard worse, but it's not giving me very much either.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Thought of trying something new and though it'd be nice to see what Blandy was listening to. Tried this:

220px-Talk_Talk_-_The_Colour_of_Spring.j

So far I've heard worse, but it's not giving me very much either.

There's probably not that much overlap in our musical tastes, but I'm glad you tried, Pelle. I was listening to Talk Talk, because Mark Hollis died a couple of weeks ago, I think it's great, but can see why 1980s sort of Art synth pop isn't giving you much in the Queen spectrum. Of the stuff I've been listening to recently, I'd say your own Anna Von Hausswolff is most likely to have half a chance of giving you something, but I might be wildly wrong. But she's great.

• Like 1

A band I'd almost forgotten all about until I saw them for the first time in 35 years or so last year. Their albums do get progressively worse but this, the second album is still very good. It also contains that very famous hit which was kind of ruined by the film using it as the title track but now it's becoming listenable again

R-1455195-1224077270.jpeg.jpg

Basement 5 - 1965 - 1980. Whilst The Clash and The Ruts always get the accolades for the Punk / Reggae fusion thing, The Basement 5 are often overlooked. Which is odd being as Don Letts was once their singer and Don Letts is THE reason the original punks like Lydon and Strummer were into reggae. Great political commentary of the times. Produced by Martin Hannett no less, this their only LP is a gem in my opinion. Also oddly released on Island Records but then you realise the singer Dennis Morris was also a photographer at Island himself, so this was their (rather late) and only foray into the punk scene (I think), the drummer on this album is Richard Dudanski of PIL notoriety (also the 101ers and The Raincoats)

22 hours ago, blandy said:

There's probably not that much overlap in our musical tastes, but I'm glad you tried, Pelle. I was listening to Talk Talk, because Mark Hollis died a couple of weeks ago, I think it's great, but can see why 1980s sort of Art synth pop isn't giving you much in the Queen spectrum. Of the stuff I've been listening to recently, I'd say your own Anna Von Hausswolff is most likely to have half a chance of giving you something, but I might be wildly wrong. But she's great.

Yeah, we're probably quite far from each other in music. :lol: I chose Talk Talk as I remember them from the '80's, and as stated in another thread I like that decade. One of the few who does, it seems. I think it's quite decent background music. Something you have when you sit and talk to someone about nothing and everything.

She's from Gothenburg and I've never heard about her before. Listening now. Start to understand one kind of music you like. Kind of instrumental landscapes.

1575762.jpg

• Like 1

The Liquidators Train to Skaville

Another one of those baffling price things. This is one of those Ska compilations that came out on the back of the Two-Tone thing. That's all it is, contains the usual suspects. I paid £4.99 for it way back. It's in very good condition, plays perfectly and I very much doubt I've touched it in 30 years or so. But it's a low price compilation double album. It's pretty much selling for between £18 and £24 on Discogs, so the shop price is likely to be higher. The only copy on Discogs for sale in the UK is priced at £25 (+£4:50 P and P). Bonkers!

Update: There's 2 copies on E-bay for £90+ both claim It's "Rare Vinyl" - is it shite

R-2995717-1344796095-6752.jpeg.jpgR-2995717-1344796110-3269.jpeg.jpg

Walking Seeds Sensory Deprivation Chamber Quartet -Dwarf LP

A band cited by Kurt Cobain as an influence on Nirvana or in another universe, the blokes from behind the counter in Probe who would criticise every bad purchase you made and take the piss out of you regardless

Backwards Guitar on side 2 by The Bevis Frond

R-875473-1263861243.jpeg.jpg

Â