What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Push-The-Sky-Away-PACKSHOT1-768x768.jpg

First listen in the car tonight, and I've got to say I loved it. Saying that, Nick Cave could fart into a microphone, and I'd lap it up! Really is a good listen though. 

• Like 1

First listen in the car tonight, and I've got to say I loved it. Saying that, Nick Cave could fart into a microphone, and I'd lap it up! Really is a good listen though. 

Tremendous album - a little introspective but still amongst some of the best Bad Seeds stuff in ages! Can't believe that's his missus on the album cover - swine!

Tremendous album - a little introspective but still amongst some of the best Bad Seeds stuff in ages! Can't believe that's his missus on the album cover - swine!

You know something I had almost forgotten about this album, thats my lunchtime playlist sorted

220px-Bitches_brew.jpg

Favourite track on that is 'Spanish Key'.

Do you have 'Solar Plexus' by Nucleus? 'Changing Times' has some striking similarities to 'Spanish Key', except it doesn't meander nearly so long.

Both albums were being recorded at the same time. Mr Carr doesn't get the credit he deserves.

220px-Bitches_brew.jpg

Favourite track on that is 'Spanish Key'.

Do you have 'Solar Plexus' by Nucleus? 'Changing Times' has some striking similarities to 'Spanish Key', except it doesn't meander nearly so long.

Both albums were being recorded at the same time. Mr Carr doesn't get the credit he deserves.

That's the third one, isn't it? No, I just have the first two Nuclei.

Well this is strange, today I decided I wanted to give Nick Cave a good listening too as I think I'd like him, but never tried before. So i've purchased the greatest hits to get a feel for his work. Little did I know they had a new album coming out til I came into this thread. So excellent, I shall go purchase that too.

Listened to this for the first time today, and am enjoying it...

Patti-Horses.jpg

• Like 3

Loving the new Nick Cave album. Higgs Boson Blues is such a tune! 

Can any of you Cave fans recommend any other of their albums to go buy?

I like 90% of his stuff but my personal favourites are Boatmans Call, Murder Ballads and Abbatoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus.

Don't forget his Grinderman stuff too, which is also superb.

• Like 2

Â