What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Have that on a t-shirt.

Jarrett is pretty good, better than some of the classical players.

Shostakovich was inspired to compose the Preludes and Fugues after watching a young pianist called Tatiana Nikolayeva.

She was actively involved, encouraging Shostakovich to complete the cycle.

There are two easily obtained renditions by Nikolayeva. One on Regis/Melodiya (on which many prefer the performance) and the other on Hyperion (much more polished production).

Lovely.

I wonder if that is a genuine picture from the original Cammell Laird SC?

Some time back on VT I posted a picture of my dad when he was captain of the CL football team - incredibly, in the 1920s.

Good choice, MacNeice is fantastic.

On Van Morrison, it is next to impossible to hear songs from Moondance on youtube seperately. Not that long ago you couldn't hear any of his songs. He is notoriously protective of his music, and I don't think it is fully due to finance. You definitely benefit more from sitting down and listening to those albums (Astral Weeks, Moondance) start to finish, rather than listening to bits here and there.

Not enough musicians/bands are 'album' musicians/bands any more, and it is a pity.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we've had this conversation before Dave, but if somebody had told me back in the 60s that in the 21st century, anybody under the age of 80 would be listening to Bert Kaempfert et al, I'd have thought they were insane. 

Â