What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 1/8/2018 at 15:55, PieFacE said:

Saw an NME article earlier stating The Distillers are getting back together.

So been listening to this album, forgot how much I liked it!

61BwnQvG+CL.jpg

They are responsible for one of the worst gigs and one of the best gigs I have ever been to. The worst was V2003, they played a lacklustre set, Brody seemed out of it and the set wasn’t the best selected. Fast forward to 2004, she had split up with Tim from Rancid, shacking up with Homme and played Birmingham with Eagles Of Death Metal and Icarus Line. Icarus Line made some comments and may have got bottled off stage, the singer may have gone for someone in the crowd (sketchy memory), EODM caught a lot of flack as the world wasn’t ready for them at that point (that remains for me) and there was a lot of Rancid fans in the audience. Following this, Distillers came on and absolutely tore a new one, just an immense gig, Brody was awesome, the band were blistering, just exceptional.

Saw them after that and they were average, Spinnerette were just poor.

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

@Seat68, do you like First Aid Kit?

Just been listening to them, some of it is pretty decent if a bit countryfied, and they're easy on the eye.

Dunno about Seat68, but I do. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just been listening to them, some of it is pretty decent if a bit countryfied, and they're easy on the eye.

Kicker question, do you approve of their live cover of War Pigs?

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I have heard very little. My wife likes them and I dont dislike them. 

YLC5qK1.jpg

A.R. & Machines - 'Echo'

There appears to be nothing on Youtube from this album.

There's a battered OG Vinyl for sale on Discogs for 500 Euros.

So bought the recently released box set.

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

YLC5qK1.jpg

A.R. & Machines - 'Echo'

There appears to be nothing on Youtube from this album.

There's a battered OG Vinyl for sale on Discogs for 500 Euros.

So bought the recently released box set.

was just about to head over to youtube for a little listen...

Just now, Xann said:

Spotify ;)

I let my kids use my spotify, back in the day when spotify stopped letting new people sign up (have I remembered that right?).

Pretty soon it was lost to generation 'panic at the disco'. I don't remember the last year I used spotify.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I let my kids use my spotify, back in the day when spotify stopped letting new people sign up (have I remembered that right?).

Pretty soon it was lost to generation 'panic at the disco'. I don't remember the last year I used spotify.

It's worth having a log in. You know you don't need the program? It'll work in a browser window.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 22:31, chrisp65 said:

I've gone rogue, I'-m sticking my 12 inches in the albums thread...

24675108107_bc606bcb7b_z.jpg

Clint Eastwood & General Saint - Stop That Train

The Jam - Precious

Dead Kennedys - Halloween 

The Clash - Should I Stay

it's not often The Clash will be the weakest of a quartet, but by '82 and Combat Rock they were definitely approaching their sell by

Nice to see the old Greensleeves label there. I have a few 12" singles in the loft and a couple on Cherry Red (inc a 10" DJ Platter) . I know where I may be heading this weekend!

• Like 1

Â