What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Looks like a mix between Cream, and The Beatles. 

More like a very poppy cross of the Monkees and The Beach Boys. You may not think you've heard them, but I'll bet you have. "Happy Together", "She'd Rather Be With Me" and "Eleanor" are all staples of Radio 2 and supermarket broadcasts. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

More like a very poppy cross of the Monkees and The Beach Boys. You may not think you've heard them, but I'll bet you have. "Happy Together", "She'd Rather Be With Me" and "Eleanor" are all staples of Radio 2 and supermarket broadcasts. 

Not heard them by name, but I'll YouTube them and see. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not heard them by name, but I'll YouTube them and see. 

The main guys in The Turtles - Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan - reinvented themselves as "The Phlorescent Leech and Eddie (aka Flo and Eddie), and joined Zappa's Mothers of Invention for a while. 

I know next to nothing about Cabaret Voltaire, but back when they were starting I had a mate who really loved them. Thing was, he insisted on pronouncing it 'Cabaret VolAtaire'. One for the Things Piss You Off That Shouldn't thread. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I know next to nothing about Cabaret Voltaire, but back when they were starting I had a mate who really loved them. Thing was, he insisted on pronouncing it 'Cabaret VolAtaire'. One for the Things Piss You Off That Shouldn't thread. 

I called them caberet volataire well into my late teens.

Just now, mjmooney said:

I actually prefer the single version, that removed the choir intro. 

I quite like the choir, it has a certain Cecil Harrington Caprin vibe.

I'm not much of a Stones enthusiast, I'd ripped about 6 tracks off a double CD that I'd just rediscovered in a cupboard unit in the garage.

I was only looking for screwdrivers!

24842290207_c5e1c3cbdd.jpg

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I quite like the choir, it has a certain Cecil Harrington Caprin vibe.

I'm not much of a Stones enthusiast, I'd ripped about 6 tracks off a double CD that I'd just rediscovered in a cupboard unit in the garage.

I was only looking for screwdrivers!

24842290207_c5e1c3cbdd.jpg

You should have picked Goat - Requiem. I've given copies of that away at least three times to customers

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

You should have picked Goat - Requiem. I've given copies of that away at least three times to customers

The John Barry 'Themeology' is a fab comp too :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Goat's already on the memory stick!

That was a now redundant CD that I'd done for the old car. This one doesn't even have a CD player. Which made me wonder today, in the M5 services by Dudley, what are they going to sell in the concourse once nobody needs an A4 diary or a Vera Lynn CD?

Ordered a repress of Kick Out The Jams on 180g black vinyl. Sticker on the shrinkwrap was correct.

Imagine my surprise when this popped out...

60yUEJD.jpg

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ordered a repress of Kick Out The Jams on 180g black vinyl. Sticker on the shrinkwrap was correct.

60yUEJD.jpg

A truly exceptional album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

60yUEJD.jpg

Is it the "brothers and sisters" version, or "mother **** ers"? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Is it the "brothers and sisters" version, or "mother **** ers"? 

Uncensored, and with liner notes. As you probably know the first pressings of this were censored but had the liner notes in the gatefold, then later pressing had no liner notes but the track was uncensored.

There are around 100 versions of this LP all with different permutations. The good thing about this one is it's worth a bit more than the £11.99 I paid :)

Â