What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

fAf1ftN.jpg

Alcatraz - 'Vampire State Building'

Opens with an intriguing cover version that I'll mention because the Moonmeister will otherwise :D

On 12/24/2017 at 13:00, mjmooney said:

Got that pair, too. Don't play it very often. 

I like them. It'd been a bit since they'd been on here. Didn't feel the need to skip tracks on either album.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Nope. According to a YouTube comment "Simple Headphone Mind' is 'Torrid Zone' by Nucleus"

Whoa, Whoa - Hang on there?.?

You not got 'Elastic Rock'?

If you hadn't have been interested first time around (Vertigo!) you might have gone back for it when you got into Jazz?

Ian Carr is a legend.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, I've got Elastic Rock, and I like it. But I haven't played it for yonks. 

Right.

Well the opener on Side A of the Alcatraz is a cover of the opener on Side B of 'Elastic Rock', except Alcatraz decided to change the name.

So it would only be obvious to someone who'd heard the original.

Had you down as a banker :D

Veloman as the long shot.

haven't been on before today much, been ill and spent all boxing day in bed throat deep in phlegm, **** great timing as usual.

Anyhoo, here's my stash, apologies for poor quality pic - my front facing camera lens is scratched to buggery so had to use selfie mode turned around :(

Weezer - Pinkerton.

Black Country Communion - BCCIV

Royal Blood - Royal Blood

The Beach Boys - 15 Big Ones (2016 repress)

Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue (1977 Canadian press)

Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue (1990 UK repress)

The Strawbs - Grave New World

The Strawbs - Bursting At The seams

Savatage - The Streets (A Rock Opera)

Rush - 2112 40th Anniversary Reissue (3 LPs, Turntable mat, booklet, photos)

ueh0wRq.jpg

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

haven't been on before today much, been ill and spent all boxing day in bed throat deep in phlegm, **** great timing as usual.

Anyhoo, here's my stash, apologies for poor quality pic - my front facing camera lens is scratched to buggery so had to use selfie mode turned around :(

Weezer - Pinkerton.

Black Country Communion - BCCIV

Royal Blood - Royal Blood

The Beach Boys - 15 Big Ones (2016 repress)

Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue (1977 Canadian press)

Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue (1990 UK repress)

The Strawbs - Grave New World

The Strawbs - Bursting At The seams

Savatage - The Streets (A Rock Opera)

Rush - 2112 40th Anniversary Reissue (3 LPs, Turntable mat, booklet, photos)

ueh0wRq.jpg

Did you get these yourself, was it a wishlist or was this someone going rogue? I only say as neither daughter or wife would know what to get me without the aid of a wishlist and these are fairly specific. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Did you get these yourself, was it a wishlist or was this someone going rogue? I only say as neither daughter or wife would know what to get me without the aid of a wishlist and these are fairly specific. 

Wishlist mainly, a couple I purchased and she wrapped ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Rob, how many copies of Pacific Ocean Blue do you need? :)

A few more yet.

I have the US & UK promo, the canadian original, the UK repress and the 2008 blue vinyl triple set.

Still need a bog standard Uk & US version, an Oceana version, a Japanese version, and the 200 only promo version signed by Dennis under  a pre printed message. So still need a few ;)

37 minutes ago, Xann said:

Went out for pre Christmas drinks with the chap that made this, both times around.

You gold digger.

Actually it's a  cracking set which was for sale online at an amazing ten quid. went back to get another for a family member but all sold out.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

A few more yet.

I have the US & UK promo, the canadian original, the UK repress and the 2008 blue vinyl triple set.

Still need a bog standard Uk & US version, an Oceana version, a Japanese version, and the 200 only promo version signed by Dennis under  a pre printed message. So still need a few ;)

Pity I got rid of my Greek one. One of the worst pressed records I have ever heard. 

Â