What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Went in a hmv in Telford last weekend, it has a vinyl section but **** my hat it's pricey. 

HMV is expensive. Plus, I think some labels or 'popular' bands are expensive. Not my cup of tea, but there was some Iron Maiden album released or reprinted recently and HMV wanted something like £34 for it on vinyl. I noticed they had loads of Beatles albums in there too and they were all twenty something quid. Ridiculous. But it explains how a second hand shop up the road from HMV can think £15 for a knackered copy of a Madness album is a fair price.

But then you can get a shiny new copy of

Ce_Ci2CWwAMRmhX.jpg

for £12.99 which is still more expensive than a download by a long way, but it's a touchy feely thing, innit. 

Incidentally, bloody hell, what an album. Mind bending brilliance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Incidentally, bloody hell, what an album. Mind bending brilliance

The second album is odd.

Two tracks in, the record company told the band the studio budget was finished.

Deviously, to pick up their fee, Dinger and Rother made an album's worth of noise out of the tracks they'd got in the can.

Fast, slow, forwards, backwards and generally squished.

19 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Have you heard the term Motorik? They're the archetypal Motorik band.

You know the Germans made absolutely mental music through the late 60s and early 70s? These are amongst the most influential.

There are loads of bands that sound like these guys now.

This is 'Fur Immer' from the second album.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Santana, Lotus. 

Lotus is great.

If you could distill the best 30-40 minutes of it into something a bit more focused, it would probably get more love.

NEU '75, prompted by seeing the posts above. All that talk of vinyl, but all I had to do was stay sat here, click command+ space, type "Neu" and my iTunes opened and another click and I picked which album I wanted. I didn't even have to go to the CD shelves to fetch the actual discs.

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 18.34.jpg

• Like 1

yeah people get snobby about formats which is silly

I've got CD's in the car, downloads on laptop. But I enjoy the palaver of a record when I'm relaxing and listening. 

If I listen to stuff on the computer or from youtube or soundcloud it's fine, but I'll invariably do something else at the same time.

If I go out the other room, twiddle with an amp, and stick a long lead on the headphones, well then I can have a proper listen. Like a proper middle class clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xann said:

Lotus is great.

If you could distill the best 30-40 minutes of it into something a bit more focused, it would probably get more love.

not often i venture into the world of santana, but when i do, i get blown away. absolute genius and makes a lot of my idols with the exception of ritchie blackmore sound a bit stale. lotus does go on a bit at times but its a superb listen.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah people get snobby about formats which is silly

I've got CD's in the car, downloads on laptop. But I enjoy the palaver of a record when I'm relaxing and listening. 

If I listen to stuff on the computer or from youtube or soundcloud it's fine, but I'll invariably do something else at the same time.

If I go out the other room, twiddle with an amp, and stick a long lead on the headphones, well then I can have a proper listen. Like a proper middle class clearing in the woods. 

in my head you cant have a MP3 collection, i'll still buy a lot of CDs and then try and pick up a couple of vinyl records a month too, vinyl record shopping to me is about taking your time looking for bargains and gems, its not about going down sainsburys and picking up a £20 beatles album thats been relaunched by back to black, missus hates record shopping, theres no such thing as popping your head in a record shop

picked up this on a cool white with red/green splashes vinyl yesterday - 

157843.jpg

if you dont like morrissey then forget it but i love him and i cant stop listening to this! there's only 5/6 songs on it plus then some live tracks, all in spanish but for me at least instantly recognisable as morrissey tracks, hopefully they're going to move on to the smiths, there is a version of boy with a thorn in his side and ask doing the rounds

1 hour ago, Xann said:

The guitar work on the first three Funkadelic albums is up there.

Try this one

It's Eddie Hazel.

I remember the first time I heard Maggot Brain (the song), and the guitar blowing my mind. I love that album, yet I only got round to buying a proper copy of it the other week. 

Â