What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I appreciate that he probably has an audience of one on here and that's probably me. That said the new George Strait album Cold Beer Conversations is possibly his best in a decade. 

Never got into all those 'hat acts' - George Strait, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, et al. All seem a bit 'Nashville production line' to me.

Prefer the likes of Tom Russell, John Stewart, Micky Newbury, Guy Clark, Terry Allen, Butch Hancock, etc.

I know what you are saying, parents influence I suspect.

I appreciate that he probably has an audience of one on here and that's probably me. That said the new George Strait album Cold Beer Conversations is possibly his best in a decade.  

Never got into all those 'hat acts' - George Strait, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, et al. All seem a bit 'Nashville production line' to me.

Prefer the likes of Tom Russell, John Stewart, Micky Newbury, Guy Clark, Terry Allen, Butch Hancock, etc.

Haha! Hell, no. Have you any idea how old my parents were? My mum's idea of good stuff was The King and I and The Sound of Music, and my dad never showed any interest in anything.

It's me, I'M the parent. The artists I listed were coming through when I was in my 20s and 30s. I have however, have passed that stuff onto my own kids!

Haha! Hell, no. Have you any idea how old my parents were? My mum's idea of good stuff was The King and I and The Sound of Music, and my dad never showed any interest in anything.

It's me, I'M the parent. The artists I listed were coming through when I was in my 20s and 30s. I have however, have passed that stuff onto my own kids!

No, me, the big hat lot, my daughter listens to a little country, but is pickier than me.

No, me, the big hat lot, my daughter listens to a little country, but is pickier than me.

Ah, gotcha. My daughter's well into bluegrass - Nickel Creek, Punch Brothers, etc.

• Like 1

just out of interest mooney what music are your kids into?

Very wide range of stuff, but pretty similar to me - 60s & 70s music and contemporary music in that tradition. One leans slightly more to folk, country, rock and blues, the other to jazz (vocalists), pop, soul and reggae. Where they differ from me is that they have a total blank for classical, instrumental jazz and prog rock.

Very wide range of stuff, but pretty similar to me - 60s & 70s music and contemporary music in that tradition. One leans slightly more to folk, country, rock and blues, the other to jazz (vocalists), pop, soul and reggae. Where they differ from me is that they have a total blank for classical, instrumental jazz and prog rock.

you've taught them well, no black sabbath then :D

you've taught them well, no black sabbath then [emoji3]

One of them likes Sabbath a lot.

you've taught them well, no black sabbath then [emoji3]

One of them likes Sabbath a lot.

:wub:

• Like 1

My daughter likes a little country but is mad for female fronted symphonic metal, nightwish, within temptation, delain.  She has always liked metal, we used to go to a lot of hardcore gigs together 10 years ago, but she now likes this sort of nonsense. 

Back on topic, this morning the soundtrack is ocean rain by echo and the bunnymen. Wife chose it. 

My daughter likes a little country but is mad for female fronted symphonic metal, nightwish, within temptation, delain.  She has always liked metal, we used to go to a lot of hardcore gigs together 10 years ago, but she now likes this sort of nonsense. 

Back on topic, this morning the soundtrack is ocean rain by echo and the bunnymen. Wife chose it. 

I am quite partial to a bit of Delain. Charlotte Wessels is very....erm...photogenic 

• Like 1

I am quite partial to a bit of Delain. Charlotte Wessels is very....erm...photogenic 

apparently kid saw them last night. 

Â