What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

A rare vinyl day.

f22e4672d4d780e822ab4e6b77c14618.jpg

(That is to say, a rare day of playing vinyl, not a day of playing rare vinyl. Although it might be, for all I know). 

Edited by mjmooney

Nils Frahm and Olarfur Arnalds - Loon

Bought it a week or so ago but only just got round to listening. Hypnotic

Doesn't surprise me :) - I did the same - "Collaborative works" came last friday (double album containing loon and some other stuff). it is indeed Hypnotic.

• Like 1

Whole bunch of strange people sitting on the floor in 'my' record shop at lunchtime. Some sort of clever art installation where people play a record and then say why they like it and how it makes them feel. Clearly this sort of event is popular with trawlermen.

I'm not against art experiences, but this one included a video camera and kit bags blocking my access to the reggae & soul vinyl section. So on balance, I'd like them to lose their grant next year.

CTDYg-YWsAANAJc.jpg

• Like 3

The Hollies, Greatest Hits.

This one?

17696-greatest-singles-1-and-2.jpg

If so, I have this one too. Don't go for compilations usually but this one is excellent

I have that on vinyl. Geek point: the version of "Yes I Will" is an alternative take from the single - different guitar solo.

• Like 1

Yeah, made the mistake of going on the mail out list, costing me a fortune. Plus I'm going to their actual physical shop this weekend!

But I will say - I had trouble with a couple of the download codes that came with a couple of albums, e-mailed them and they were super nice and chatty and they sent me multiple codes as a sort of compensation I hadn't asked for, so a big shout for their customer service too.

• Like 1

Â