What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's looks a bit Scandinavian metal .

It sure does.

Is metal all right, both power, doom and progressive.  But they are actually from California.

This one's from the mid 80's, but they started in early 70's

8 minutes ago, sne said:

It sure does.

Is metal all right, both power, doom and progressive.  But they are actually from California.

This one's from the mid 80's, but they started in early 70's

I'd be interested in hearing their early 70s  stuff.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'd be interested in hearing their early 70s  stuff.

First studio album came out 79 or 80

Called Frost and Fire.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Image result for foxygen hang

Listening to Foxygen - Hang.

On a more grander scale than previous albums (..And Star Power, We Are 21st Century Ambassadors...) with a real 70s feel of Bowie, Iggy Pop, Jagger, Queen and early Elton John as obvious references. It's a little too avant garde in places but somehow still works.

Also looking forward to Duke Garwood - Garden of Ashes being released in February.

If you like Mark Lanegan in quiet, sorrowful mode, then Garwood may be worth checking out. (definitely recommend Heavy Love)

Edited by theboyangel
Terrible spelling

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

32783086055_f6d5f8627d_z.jpg

32659573581_89ee8da0f7.jpg

having a bit of a '77 through to '82 sort of a day

ears beginning to suffer if I'm honest, all a bit more rushed and shrill than I'm used to recently

Not that I was around then but those years were bad times regarding music for me. Don't get me wrong there was some decent stuff but I'm a late 60s to mid 70s kind of guy. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not that I was around then but those years were bad times regarding music for me. Don't get me wrong there was some decent stuff but I'm a late 60s to mid 70s kind of guy. 

So am I, but the late 70s were sort of transitional for me. I did like a lot of the punk/new wave stuff, as it was a refreshing return to exciting rock after the decline of late prog. Trouble was (as Chris implies) it didn't really have 'staying power'. But it did at least have some saving graces, unlike the turgid post-punk horrors that followed in the 80s. 

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not that I was around then but those years were bad times regarding music for me. Don't get me wrong there was some decent stuff but I'm an late 60s to mid 70s kind of guy. 

They were my formative years, but Mooney's correct, a lot of it doesn't stand the test of time. That Nine Below Zero album is a case in point. it's the latest of the bunch at 1982 and whilst it's still in a hurry and you can still hear the cleansing of the late 70's in it, it's already beginning to get some 80's over production and more than a hint of white funk white soul getting in to many of the bass lines.

We needed punk, it all needed a good shake. 

I think I've mentioned it before, we were a right feral bunch of shits from over the island, roaming town looking for people with zeppelin or sabbath or rush written in biro on their school bags....

C4KBZQlWMAAEzTc.jpg

I couldn't be a milder chap now. Proper passive. Very respectable. I pick n mix eras and sounds far more than the younger me would have approved of, I was zealous. Still nice to have a bit of Dead Kennedys every now and again though.

I love the slow start, the grinding and the speeding up of Saturday Night Holocaust. It's a classic.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

Â