What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I'm absolutely in love with this album.  If you liked earlier Japandroids, with a slightly heavier tone, check this album out. It's a bit of a gem imo.

They're playing the Flapper in Brum in a couple of months but i'm on holiday. Gutted. 

Cant.Stop.Listening.

Can listen to the album here....

https://meatwavechicago.bandcamp.com/album/the-incessant

a2628909338_16.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm absolutely in love with this album.  If you liked earlier Japandroids, with a slightly heavier tone, check this album out. It's a bit of a gem imo.

They're playing the Flapper in Brum in a couple of months but i'm on holiday. Gutted. 

Cant.Stop.Listening.

Can listen to the album here....

https://meatwavechicago.bandcamp.com/album/the-incessant

a2628909338_16.jpg

Yeah this is good stuff.

Reminds me more of Mclusky with a hint of Hawk Eyes rather than Japandroids but veh nice indeed.

• Like 1

triple album of reggae'd up 70's disco covers - what's not to like!

33170673186_d3491849b8.jpg

it's keeping me fit too, a couple of sides are less than 15 minutes long so I'm up and down like the proverbial

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

triple album of reggae'd up 70's disco covers - what's not to like!

33170673186_d3491849b8.jpg

it's keeping me fit too, a couple of sides are less than 15 minutes long so I'm up and down like the proverbial

This is getting heavily advertised at me of late. I think I'll probably succumb to the hard sell.

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

This is getting heavily advertised at me of late. I think I'll probably succumb to the hard sell.

it's perfectly fine, it's not going to be album of the year

doesn't need to be three discs either, it's 70 something minutes in total so could easily be on two

but I couldn't resist, a couple of weeks of long hours and lots of miles so I convinced myself I deserved it

(I've got the download too, if you get my underlying meaning....  ;)  )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

it's perfectly fine, it's not going to be album of the year

doesn't need to be three discs either, it's 70 something minutes in total so could easily be on two

but I couldn't resist, a couple of weeks of long hours and lots of miles so I convinced myself I deserved it

(I've got the download too, if you get my underlying meaning....  ;)  )

I think I like the sound of your underlying meaning!

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

33122632881_e51bd87bb1.jpg

John Coltrane, My Favourite Things.

Perfect Sunday Morning music.

It Pisses Me Off (But Shouldn't) that he doesn't play the bridge section on the title track ('when the dog bites', etc.) 

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It Pisses Me Off (But Shouldn't) that he doesn't play the bridge section on the title track ('when the dog bites', etc.) 

Baby steps for me here I'm afraid. Haven't got much of a clue what I'm listening to, hence starting off with tracks and albums that have something recognisable in them. I shall stick it back on...

Delicious, though.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Baby steps for me here I'm afraid. Haven't got much of a clue what I'm listening to, hence starting off with tracks and albums that have something recognisable in them. I shall stick it back on...

Delicious, though.

Yes, it is. Not least McCoy Tyner's piano. 

Â