What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

maybe one for Xann but maybe its a bit too goofy. coven, witchcraft destroys minds and reaps souls.

Ha Ha, not really for me. Though do have a couple of 'Mystic' titles: Walter Wegmuller's 'Tarot', Ya Ho Wha 13 'Penetration' and the Monument album spring to mind.

Talking about this has reminded me of something else I've wanted for a while.

Bobby Beausoleil's 'Lucifer Rising', which was gone, is back with extras - Thanks for reminding me.

I've been listening to the War on Drugs one on loop for a few days, and just realised, earlier, that I'd not picked up a single word of a lyric. It's not that they're unintelligible, but just that the music is so slick, and has hints of the motorik beat from Krautrock which is like musical catnip to me. I wonder how long It'll take to break the habit.

• Like 1

I've been listening to the War on Drugs one on loop for a few days, and just realised, earlier, that I'd not picked up a single word of a lyric. It's not that they're unintelligible, but just that the music is so slick, and has hints of the motorik beat from Krautrock which is like musical catnip to me. I wonder how long It'll take to break the habit.

Interesting contrast with me, that. I concentrated on the lyrics and the solos, while desperately trying to filter out the motorik beats, which rather spoil it all for me.

There was more, but I'd had a little music spend yesterday and I've just had a London weekend so I thought I'd be grown up and limit it to two.

But yeah, chuffed with both of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKtZf62BQzM

Edited by chrisp65

Run come save me - Roots Manuva

Only delve I to hip hop occasionally but love this album, and Dub come save me.

If you haven't already, check out his debut, Brand New Second Hand. Played that album to death, in what I sometimes refer to as "the weed years", 

• Like 1

Â